Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Sandra3 and Gigi4

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Gigi,
    Congrats on you weight loss and BP!! I do have my "special food" in a container that hubby and the kids know they can't have, make things easier when I don't want to make an other special meal just for me because my food is gone :-).
  2. I went to the doctor for BP as a follow up from the previous appointment. Guess what ???! He prescribed another pill !! He then said with the weight loss I should be able to get off ALL my BP meds, eventually. And some others as well. I am feeling better. I am going to Wal-mart today to get some more Premier Protein shakes. That seems the only way I can get my 60 g's in and my 64 oz. of liquids. I get things at the store that are high in protein, but I can not eat a whole serving yet. Nor do I really want to. My husband is a good garbage disposal...he eats the leftovers. Sometimes he tells me he wouldn't mind if I bought some more of an item. However, he may be too good at being a disposal. Sometimes I do not eat it all and intend to eat it at my next meal and when I go to get it, it is not there.
    I can tell I am getting better, too.
    I hope everything is going well with you. Take care. (psst...I am at 188)
  3. Hi Gigi,
    I hope that in a few months you will need less medications!
    Our first weeks and months after the sleeve are not always easy but it will become better for sure. I already see a huge difference between week 2 and 4! have a good week!
  4. Hi Gigi, good news if you feel a little better!
    My nutritionist asked me yesterday to be at 60 g of protein...I have a hard time reaching that number!
    Don't sweat the 24 pounds instead of 30...the most important is to lose, in one year the number will be much bigger!!! yeah!!!
    Seems your sweet grandson could become your personal coach/trainer you're so lucky!!!
    Clothes, shoes (and many more things) are so much cheaper in the US!! France is way more expensive on many levels (gas!! crazy!!), our VAT is high, plus it's a small market so I think stores don't get the bulk prices like they do in the US. Also there is only two official sales per year, once in January and the other time in July, the date is decided by the government. There is other small promotions all year, but those sales are the only time a store can sale an item and not make a profit on it....strange right??? But of course, we have high taxes because education is free, so they have to find the money somewhere.....Anyway!!!Can't wait to shop at Trader Joe's for food and Marshalls and Walmart for the rest!! take care
  5. Hi Gigi, I hope your medication will work fast, heartburn are horrible!! it's good news for the clothing, I know it's hard to lose the favorites ...unless you know how to sew, you could resize them! I will try that...got a sewing machine somewhere I will try to use it, I'm planning on doing some resizing for a few pieces, for the rest I will give away to charity and do some shopping! here in Asia, everybody wears size XS, so I will do my shopping in March in the US or in May in France.... Tell us how the appointment goes tomorrow! I actually just came back from the hospital, going to write a blog about it...it will get better!!!take care!!
  6. I was having a no good, horrible, very bad day. 1] lack of sleep due to heartburn, 2] I am using a breathing mask for sleep apnea and I am having trouble sleeping for more than 5 hours with it [ I am suppose to be sleeping 8] . 3] Acid build up keeps me nauseated 4] can not seem to get full amount of protein and liquids down [ I could do it prior to surgery and for a few weeks after but not anymore] and to top it off my blood pressure has gone way up. It all added up to a very bad day.
    I am better now except for my BP. I saw the doctor on the 16th and she prescribed Prilosec and a new blood pressure medication. I have to give both of them time to get in my system.
  7. Hey Gigi! are you ok? I saw you are in a tunnel?? what's up?? I was sleeved two days before you, it's not easy everyday but we will get there!! take care my friend!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7