Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between niamh and paulc

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. hi helen it's been a while since i was on the site, i'm now 220 lbs from 350+ chris sutton and his team are the greatest.
  2. Hi Paul. No regrets at all. Next weekend I'm heading off on a ski holiday - wasn't able to ski when I was at my heaviest - too much knee/leg pain. I'm coming up for 2.5 years post op and I wake up happy every single day about my weight and health. I've taken up running and triathlon as well, did my first half marathon a couple of months ago. Everything's great! next time you see Chris Sutton, tell him Helen from Bedfordshire is doing great!
  3. hi niamh, i have had a consultation with chris sutton, and feel much better now even more determined to go ahead, i am just waiting to hear from his anesthetist to see me about sleep apnia then we will arrange a date for surgery. he sure is a straight talker. he assures he will be able to help me even getting me away from hypertension medication, and at least lowering my type 2 diabetes. so watch out world i hope? how are you, now that you are that much further down the line, any regrets etc,
  4. Hi Paul,

Yes, same surgeon. I had my surgery at the Spire Leicester, and can't fault Chris Sutton. He's thorough, cautious and came and visited every morning post-surgery til I went home.

I would say that he is also a pretty straight talker, so makes it clear that you have to do your part of the work to make the surgery a success.

The hospital and the majority of the staff were excellent - a couple of people were not so good with their people skills, but nothing that interfered with the success of the surgery or my recovery.

In terms of hearing about my experience, probably the best thing would be for you to read my blog from the beginning, which I started a couple of weeks before having the surgery. First post is here;

http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/b...irst-post.html

Then you can keep clicking through in order. If you have any specific questions, just message me and I'll answer them. Good luck!!
  5. Hi Niamh, i am just about to book an appointment for sleeve surgery. i am 55 yrs old almost 25 stones 5ft 9 ins. i have type2, and also medicate for blood pressure artheritis is getting worse. i am terrified of not getting about unaided as i get older, a mobility scooter is a complete no no for me. i have noticed that your surgeon was mr chris sutton, he is the surgeon that i would favour at this time, he works at spire leicester, is this the same surgeon? could you tell me a little about your experience with him
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5