Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between ladyinred5 and lacraft

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Lacraft! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been so busy i was not on here. Yes i went through Dr. Pesta, he is an excellent surgeon! I am not sure yet if you had your surgery, but if so I hope you are recovering well. The 1st couple of months are tough because you are healing and getting used to your body adjusting to the new stomach. I know you are going to a different hospital than i did for your surgery which is a plus. Although the surgical team was great the Warren. MI hospital I was in was not, I am glad it is closed now. The main reason your stomach will be uncomfortable the 1st 2-3 months is because your new stomach is swollen from being changed, it gets easier. protein, protein, protein....very important! Calcium chews, vitamins and b12! You do not have to get a b12 shot, they have B12 5000 dissolving tablets at GNC (online or in the store) they go under the tongue. They taste great! I do not like shots or the cost or time of going in for one and this is so much easier! Once you get to the 3-4 month mark things will be easier. I am 8 months out now and I swim 3x a week. I have a 2 year old and so if you work or are like me a stay at home mom I know how it is challenging to keep on track. If you have any questions please contact me at my e-mail address I will PM you! Good luck to you!
  2. Hi, Ladyinred5:
    I am just starting this journey I have not been sleeved yet but I see that you live in Richmond and Dr. Pesta did your surgery. Dr. Pesta will be doing mine sometime in May (fingers crossed) and I live just a few miles from you in New Haven. I would really like to hear from you regarding your experience, it sounds like you are doing wonderful.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2