Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between kenson and jarnols

Leave Comment

10 Visitor Messages

1. I am doing ok... The pain in the incision where they take out the stomach has been hard to tolerate. Its hard doing anything for myself it seems, so I am relying on family to take care of me. Over all I am feeling great. I am able to get plenty of liquids in so I dont get dehydrated but having issues getting my protein counts to 60.. Nothing taste the same, but I will keep trying new things (protein) until I find one I can tolerate
    . Thanks for checking up on me.
  2. Just checking in to see how you are doing! Congratulations and welcome to the sleeved side!
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so excited that you are going to be able to have your surgery after all! I promised myself that I would follow the guidelines of my surgeon and my NUT and that I would have a positive attitude no matter what. I think those two things have been the biggest motivators for me. I try not to read too much negativity--just concentrate on the positive! Good Luck!
  4. I was just reading over all the bloggs that you posted over the last few months, I have been looking for words of in couragement and helpful tips. Thank you for giving detailed information I am inspried and in couraged by your words.
  5. What's going on with you?
  6. Hi, thanks for checking on me. I'm doing really well. I'm not having any problems at all, except that my taste buds do not like my favorite Dunkin Donuts coffee! I feel really well, I've started working out a little. I don't think I've lost a lot more weight but it will come off. Hope your approval comes through soon!
  7. I just wanted to stop by and say hi... HI... How is your recovery going? You should be 4 weeks out now?? Hope your doing well.
  8. My recovery has been uneventful! I was really worried about being in pain, but seriously, I was never in any real pain, and my threshold of pain is LOW! The worst time I had was right after surgery. I had the worst nausea. Once they discovered that it was the morphine pump and gave me new meds, I felt 1000% better. As for the liquid diet, I only had to do that for the first week. When I went to my one week post op appt., they switched me to Stage 2 of my diet. Remember, you won't be hungry, your protein drinks, yogurt, broth--that's about all that you'll want to eat. The first week food was really repulsive to me. Now, I feel that eating is something that I NEED to do to survive, not something that I HAVE to do--if that makes sense. How far in the process are you?
  9. Thanks for posting to my page. I will be sure to ask any questions if some arise. How is your recovery? How is it being on liquids for 3 almost 4 weeks now? That is my biggest fear.
  10. Just wanted to say hi. I'm only three weeks out, but let me know if you have any questions.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10