Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between shrinkinggirl and browncurlygrl

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. I have no doubt that you will do it. You are a true inspiration!!
  2. Thank you soooo much!!! I'm extremely proud and can't wait to lose another 20lbs and meet my ultimate goal!! Keep going and you'll be here too, lady!!
  3. Hey Shannon,
    I noticed on one of your posts today that you reached 100lbs lost! I know that was one of your goals
    for May. Yippee. Good for you!! You rock!!!
  4. Heather, I also have had, as my only true physical complication (besides the hair loss!) a lot of post-surgical acid. I too was prescribed prilosec which I took daily for 2 months and even though I did have an occasional flair up as you described, it did get a lot better. Now, at 7 months, I only take a pill every 3rd day and it manages the acid well. My NP told me that for as long as 6 months, our bodies continue to produce the full amount of stomach acid despite having a little tummy- so we often have pain from it- but over time, it learns to produce less and less and it becomes less of an issue. I have experienced this so far and hope it continues to improve- and I hope the same will happen for you! There is a good chance it will.
  5. Shannon,
    As a new sleever, everyday is an unknown (which I am sure you are aware of). Having experienced sleever's to read about or seek advice from is great. Having my surgery in Mexico was a excellent experience. I still have contact with my doc on a regular basis but for me it just isn't the same as possibly having the follow-up done here in the states (although I have read that even some docs here in the states aren't very attentive). Anyway, everything has been going well so far. I have had issues with acid stomach and was prescribed Prilosec which seemed to be working but yesterday I started to have breakthrough acid and just started getting nervous that this will be a life long issue. My doc told me this morning to continue with the Prilosec daily and add Maalox 2-3 times daily as needed. I will try this. Other than that I am learning to know when I am full and haven't found any foods thus far that are No no's (although I haven't strayed from the prescribed eating plan) so you know eggs, chicken, tuna, stuff like that.

By the way, I love the blog about What is on the Menu today. All of you that participate are awesome. What I like most are you and Your Bento Box. The photos are too cool. Everything always looks so good and I am going to get one. Keep up the good work, Heather
  6. Oh my goodness Heather, what a kind thing to say!! You're wonderful! Congratulations on your recent sleeve- you were sleeved on my birthday so it must mean we were meant to meet!! I hope you're recovering well and feeling good!! This is truly the greatest and most exciting journey of my life and I am happy to be able to give back even the smallest comfort and support to this community after all they have given me!
  7. Hello, I was just reading some of your posts and I have to say you are such an inspriation. Thank You
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7