Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between ThisIs4Me and BigDogMom

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. How are you feeling? How is everything going now that you're recovered from surgery?
  2. Im lookin forward 2 seein what might change 4 the better! Im glad ur feelin a little better, that's great Im hoping that I my walking will straighten out some...its not all the time, just in-opportune times...isn't that always the way! Losing wt can only help things for us.
    Im on 2 wks clear liquids and protein shakes so there was no Thanksgiving 4 me My surgery is this Fri the 6th Im ok with not indulging like that and I certainly wont miss the "way 2 full" feelin!
  3. I know exactly what you mean about people thinking you may be drunk. Haha! I can optimistically report that I use my cane very rarely now. Hopefully when you start to lose your weight you'll get some more stability in your walking. There are some symptoms I was having that seem to gotten a little better, but several that are the same. My gastric surgeon was very adamant about saying that there are lots of benefits to weight loss surgery, unfortunately treating MS isn't one of them. But who knows...you may do better than you'd ever imagined.
    Enjoy all the yummy, more unhealthy parts of your Thanksgiving dinner. It's going to be a loooong time (if ever) that you get to indulge like that.
  4. Hi, my wl surgery is scheduled for Dec 6th. I know what u mean abt steroids!! I hope it helps MS to have the surgery. Unfortunately, there is no cure for it as of yet. Im not in a wheelchair yet but I do get unstable on my feet and ppl think im drunk from the wobbling. I am 6'2" and a cane is just not tall enuff so I found a nice walking stick that I use when necessary. Im not doin too bad, ty. How r u doin? Ty 4 the warm wishes, I hope u have a good Thanksgiving also!
  5. Hi! My name is Rachel. I also have RRMS, so my eyes seem to be more clued into cute orange designs. Do you feel like being sleeved has had any changes (positive or negative) on your symptoms? I gained all of my weight (about 100 lbs) from having to do 11 full months of daily, high dose steroids. I had a very aggressive, very debilitating lesion burning in my brain stem. Steroid weight seems especially difficult to lose. After trying several diets, it was actually my neurologist that got the process started for me to have bariatric surgery. A little part of me was hoping that by getting skinnier my MS would maybe go away. (Wishful thinking, I know.) I hope you're feeling pretty good these days! And I certainly hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
  6. Hi, yes, I do have MS actually I have RRMS-Relapsing Remitting MS. Ty for noticing my avatar
  7. I noticed your "avatar" picture. Do you have MS?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7