Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Ms. Jupiter and candik

Leave Comment

14 Visitor Messages

1. That sounds great. Sorry you are having band and hip pain. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon. I had to slow everything down when I hurt my hamstring before I had my body lift. I will be happy when I can start jogging again. I will Pm you.
  2. Hello! I'm doing well! I ran a half marathon in Brooklyn, NY two weeks ago. It was my first time to NYC so I had a blast and the race went really well. I'm registered for a 10-miler this weekend however I'm going to skip it as it is too soon after my last race. I've been having IT band and hip pain for the past few weeks and it is finally starting to feel a little better so don't want to make it worse. I'm scheduled for a half marathon on Thanksgiving Day so I'm looking forward to that one. I'm having an upper arm lift done in about 6 weeks and getting a little concerned that there will be a lot of pain. I don't like taking pain medicine and I'm sure Tylenol won't help much. How did your lower body lift go? Was there a lot of pain?
  3. Hope you are doing well. I have been seeing a lot of races coming up around here and thought of you. We have one called the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. you can choose between 5k or 10k. I had my lower body lift a month ago and just started walking longer distances. Maybe next year I will try something like that. Do you have any runs planned soon?
  4. Congratulations! That is so great. Good for you How are you doing now? I love crossfit. the trainers are so nice. I am cutting almost everything to modify, but that is where I need to start. I need to get the movements and positing down right first and build up to the weights. Yesterday I was working on clean & jerk. (Thursdays are open gym to work on whatever we want, or whatever the trainers want us to learn. ) I was only doing 10lbs plus the bar. It was fine to practice. But I have a really pretty bruise on my collarbone. So I need a little practice on that. But I really like it. I also have lost 3 more pounds since starting. I have been staying the same weight and losing for awhile, so I am pretty excited. Are you going to be doing anymore races? I did a 9k walking and jogging last year, that one will be coming up soon. I think I will do it again and I am pretty sure I can now jog the whole way. We will see.
  5. Good morning! I crossed the finish line of the Nashville Half Marathon on Saturday so I'm feeling sore but wonderful! How is crossfit going?
  6. Have a nice Monday. I hope you are doing great.
  7. Yay! Glad to hear it went well! Your trainer should be able to provide some modifications for the burpee. Soreness is expected since you are using muscles you haven't used. You can't take Motrin or Advil with VSG and sometimes Tylenol just doesn't cut it so soaking in a bath of epsom salt and using a sports cream on sore muscles helps a lot. Make sure you stretch well too. I'm training for a half marathon right now so I'm just doing light weight lifting. This will be my sixth race. I did 4 of them prior to surgery and one on my year surgiversary. I really can't imagine how I carried 235 lbs for 13.1 miles prior to surgery. I must have a mind and will of steel!!
  8. I made it through the first day ( yesterday ) Tomorrow will be my second day. Today I have been pretty sore, but not too bad. The trainer that was working with me was really understanding and we pretty much had to modify everything. I think it will be OK though. I am still a little nervous. The members all were very friendly, which was very nice. Next week I will be in the class with everyone else. Just doing the one on one so he can see what level I need to working at. No burpees for me right now. That would kill my hips. The first thing they had on the WOD for the class, ( I was watching ) 100 burpees in 10 minutes. I just about fell over, not understanding how to read the reader board. Ha ha ha
  9. Thank you. I hope it goes well. If it works out for will be able to participate for the next 4 months.
    Then I will have to stop to have my surgery. It will be kind of hard to stop after what will feel like, I am just getting into it.
    But that will be great motivation for me to come back when I can start up again. I will keep in touch.
  10. Great to hear! It can be scary and intimidating especially if you have people in your group that can do things easily but don't let that get in your way! Keep at it and celebrate each accomplishment you make! Let me know how it goes.
  11. Stopping in to say hello. I hope you are doing good.
    I wanted to let you know that I am all signed up for Crossfit. I will have my first day next week.
    I am excited and a little nervous. Thank you for answering my questions. I will be sure to let you know how it goes.
  12. Hello. Thank you so much for the info. I will be meeting the coaches this week. They offer 1 free class to try it, and you can come and watch any class as long as you let them know in advance you will be there. I also thought about 9rounds, ( circuit kickboxing/workout. ) I know some of the moms in my neighborhood who like it a lot. It looks like fun too. Crossfit, sounds like it might a better match for me, ( I think ) my doctor really wants me to start adding some weight training to my exercise. I am doing all cardio now, and that is fine, he would rather I cut back on that. Good idea about a snack before, and probably after the class too. I still drink my protein shakes. I like them, and they are easy.I don't want to tell them I have had the procedure either. I would rather keep it to myself. Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it. I will let you know if I decide to sign up or check out the kickboxing place.
  13. Hello! I did crossfit prior to surgery and have done it off and on since surgery. It's a really tough workout but if your goal is to become stronger and healthier it will definitely get you there! It works muscles you didn't even know you had but the soreness is worth it. See if you can do one or two classes as a trial before you sign up. I also do Kickboxing which I love and I do normal strength training and I run a lot. I never told any of the class instructors about surgery. Those workouts can burn a lot of calories quickly so be sure to fuel up before you go and I always carry a banana with me to eat right after otherwise I start feeling shaky.
  14. Hi Candik.
    I am asking follow sleevers about their experience with Crossfit. I am meeting with the coaches this week to see if it is something I could do, and would like. I see them training in my area a lot, and it looks fun! My questions are, are you still doing it? what do you like and/or not like?, How often were you going when you first started? And last but not least.. Did you tell them you had VGS? I like to keep that to myself, so I haven't decided what I want to do. Any info or advice would be appreciated. Thank you. MJ
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 14 of 14