Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Gordita and lornadoone629

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. aw thanks! it's funny you mention shag. our balboa instructor told us last week that he thought we'd enjoy shag (i don't know which one he was referring to;i know there are several). so we may try that out when we're done with our current lesson plan. we know lots of ballroom dances but prefer the rhythm dances (ie not waltz etc : ). away from the dance studio and its socials where they play a bit of everything, we tend to favor swing dance. it works for a lot of music , including country music which means we can meet my parents at country bars much to my husband's chagrin. and we can always find a swing group when we travel which is fun. salsa is the other one we do socially a lot -and also at every family function be it a baby shower or a funeral bc my husband is puerto rican. so happy for you that you can dance again. that is the best nsv of all if you're a dancer. talk to you soon-gordita
  2. Well...you are one of the most entertaining folks on here right now. I say that with admiration! lol I "think" a lot of things but tend to keep my mouth shut and let whoever did stupid keep living.......and living stupid. Figure that they'll be fodder for some bigger fish with sharper teeth than mine! You and I also share the love dance..... I shag dance (Carolina Beach Music) and we have a club where we meet to dance each Friday night. Luckily, most of them are regulars, and I'm an officer, so I know them, but I will say that they have been super supportive. After 4-5 years of not being able to dance due to my arthritis pain, I'm back on the floor now. The first time or two, people were grabbing me and hugging me as I came off the floor like I'd been in some great competition and won... heck, I felt like I'd won! Keep up the posts and the dancing.... that's the best and most fun exercise we have! Your hubby will be throwing you up and over his shoulders and around before too long!!! lol
  3. oh yeah-you totally met her twin. people are cuh-ray-zee! my passive aggressive plan was to leave it on top of her wallet which was out on the table to be sure she saw it. but she was sitting there when i left so i did the slightly less confrontational move and left it on the table. in other circumstances & locations i would have prob skipped the passive and gone straight for aggressive (i am WAY capable of ripping it up in front of her shocked face) but i dont want drama at a place i go to regularly. esp a place i go to relax and chill. and one where i'm likely to see her over and over. just seems counterproductive lol. i am sure she was well meaning but that doesn't make it less rude. lord help her if she tries that shi* at a later date. then i will have to address it woman to woman in no uncertain terms.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3