Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between ghost_ryder and lbraxton

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. I'm super excited and cannot wait to take a seat on the loser's bench. Great idea to start doing protein shakes before hand. I think I'll start this week, I'll try out the caramel premier protein shakes...seem to be pretty tasty. Thanks and congrats on your weight loss.
  2. I love Dr Doyle. She is an amazing and very caring person. Her whole team is fantastic. The diet was not bad for me I kind of pre-gamed ahead of time which made the transition much easier. I started a modified pre-op diet on June 1st which was two protein shakes, breakfast and lunch most days with a good dinner at night. Then in early august I had to officially go the on the pre-op so I did not go into complete shock.

AAMC has a support group meeting for pre-ops and early post ops that meets the third Thursday of each month you would find very useful. Our next meeting is on the 20th. There is a lot of good and helpful people who attend. We would love to meet you and help you too. I started going to the meeting before I had even decided on whether or not I was going to truly have the surgery, It is one of the things that helped me decide.
  3. Good afternoon. I see that Dr. Courtney Doyle was your surgeon. I'm currently going through the process, can you tell me what the pre-op and post op diet was like? If all goes well, I should be approved in February. I go see Dr. Doyle on 1/18 so I'm hoping to get a date at that time. At that time, my insurance wait time of 6 months will be complete. I'm soooo excited.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3