Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between sraebaer and DutchSleeve

Leave Comment

13 Visitor Messages

1. Yes, and we have signed up with the #1 organization to get us there. They have a 98% success rate which is pretty cool. They take 7 days to climb in order to get your body used to the altitude. That being said, altitude is the main reason people have to come back down, and if the team evaluates you and finds you sick enough, they force you to come down. (It's that or die!). And they say there is no way to predict who will get severe altitude sickness, it doesn't depend on your age, fitness level, just the luck of the draw. I am totally excited and hope we make it, but even if we don't it will be quite the experience. After the climb we are going on a 5 day safari to see the animals.
  2. Is this the same climb you are going to do?
    http://sixtyandme.com/dont-tread-on-...upport-system/
  3. Back from out-of-state for the funeral so now it's sort of starting to hit me. I am not taking time for myself, just so crazy busy trying now to figure out finances. I need to get back to my woods. We are taking a vacation Tuesday, so I will get as much done before then. No fun being an only child, but hubby is a big help. Thanks for thinking of me!
  4. How are you doing?
  5. Oh Sharon... I am so sorry!
    These are sad times for you and your family.
    I wish you much strenght...
  6. Mom passed away Thursday. Sad time.
  7. Ehm... did I miss something?
  8. Really?
    Your name is not Susan?
    I am so sorry, I have no idea why I call you that...
    Won't happen again.

I am sorry to hear about your mom.
    But she is very lucky to have you around to organize things and give her the care she may need.
    First we raise and take care of our children, after that we take care of our parents and some day our children will take care of us (hopefully).
    The circle of life.
  9. Thanks! We did, and I also came home with a 3 pound loss! I should move to the mountains and become a ski bum and I'd be really thin.
  10. Have a great ski trip, be safe and come home healthy!
  11. I'm curious what the differences are between US and European sleevers? I assume the US has more overweight people, and the surgery is more common? I'm not sure if that's true, but on my visits to the Scandinavian countries everyone looked great! I saw more bikes than cars. Meals weren't as oversized as they are in America. Or am I stereotyping?
  12. Thank you! * blush*
    I was a bit reluctant.
    But I really like this forum.
    There a a lot different points of view in the US, compared to the European ways of surgery, nutricion, products etc.
    But I find it very interesting to read and learn from the different perpectives in this forum.
    And, although I am still a bit shy (which is so not in my character, lol) I like to participate more.
    Thanks again!
  13. Your English is great! Glad you are joining us!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 13 of 13