Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Sandra3 and LaffeyTaffey

Leave Comment

11 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Ashley!! I hope you will have a great holiday season too!
    here with all the strikes it's tricky to do anything...I had to take two weeks off work because I couldn't commute and driving is out of question! Anyway, hopefully I will find a train next week...
    Enjoy the holidays! take care!
  2. Happy Holidays Sandra! I hope you and your family are doing well
  3. Happy Halloween Ashley!!
    There's no big fuss about Halloween in France. It started to be a bit more popular may be 15 years ago, with the influence of American TV/shows/movies, we can find a few items in supermarkets now.But it's really nothing compared to what I saw in the US.

A few kids go trick and treat around, but many people don't have candies at home and give them fruits!

Actually kids usually wear costums for Mardi gras...and we eat crepes....

Same when we were in Taiwan, Halloween was not that popular either...

I do miss Halloween....our best Halloween was in NYC, may be ten years ago... with the kids....we all had great costums and I loved the atmosphere even if it was freezing!
  4. Happy Halloween! Do you and your family celebrate this holiday? I’m always so curious about the differences in holidays around the world
  5. Hi Ashley!! thanks for both your messages!! I just saw your message from April today!!
    I will answer right away today! take care!
  6. Hi Sandra I hope you are doing well in your part of the world. I’m so sorry it took me a while to message you back earlier this year!
  7. Hi Ashley, thank you for your message! I'm good thank you, a few hic hups here and there but nothing too bad. Congrats on going back to school, it's never easy with a family (been there too :-). Sorry about your tummy, it's a shame with all that weight you lost!! May be it will become smaller near goal? We all lose in different ways...it's amazing! I know for me with all pregnancies, my tummy's muscles are really damaged, I can see it really well this month, I'm sure now I will need surgery and I'm not happy about it. I'm glad I found some great jeans (Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. Women's Totally Shaping Pull On Bootcut Jeans at Walmart) when I was in March in the US, because it's so hot here I can't really wear spanks or any kind of support under my pants and those jeans do help a lot in many ways. I was wearing an other pants and carried an heavy bag, did hurt a muscle in my belly because I didn't have enough support...besides support it also makes my tummy looks smaller..You did lose a lot so far, I'm sure that tummy will become smaller at some point, it just takes it's sweet time! and may be it's already smaller and you don't see it, it's hard to really notice all the changes about ourselves. Take care!
  8. Hi Sandra! How are you doing? I started an accelerated nursing school back in June so I only have a couple of minutes a week or two weeks to come on here and see what's new. Unfortunately, my stomach is about the same size it was 6 months ago, but I'm sure I'll reach my goal. At this point, I doubt my stomach will change much without me actually exercising so I'll be making time for that I hope everything is going great for you!
  9. Hey Ashley, didn't see you for a long time, until today's post! I'm glad to see you are doing good! take care!
  10. Hi Sandra and thank you! At this point I need to start working out with weights in order to lose weight and tone up at the same time And you're right - we definitely have to wait until time has passed before any more surgery like a tummy tuck. I doubt I'll get one of those, but if I had a big apron I might. We shall see!
  11. Hey Ashley, I just saw your before and after picture! you look like a new woman!! :-D congrats!!so great!! I know now what you explained about your tummy in a previous post. Well, I think it's not that bad, and considering the fact that you already lost more than 100 pounds and still have some to lose you might be surprised at the end that it will all come back together in a good way. It doesn't seem like you have an apron, so give your body some time until you reach goal weight, you might be happy at the end...I do have an apron and it does look bad already (matching my bat wings) but I was told to wait until two years post op to know for sure because the body will bounce back....but my obgyn already think I will need a tummy tuck because my muscles are separated and my skin really damaged...(I'm much older than you and had several pregnancies, doesn't help!). I think you look very good, in six months you might see a big change in the tummy area! you are young and have good skin!! take care
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11