Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between WillowAK and MomOfTwins

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hello. I am a week post op after having surgery with Dr Alvarez. He was great. Very kind and showed obvious concern for my wellbeing. Once you walk in the office you meet with the doctor and his assistant. They answer any questions you have. Then you are taken to X-ray and blood work. Of concern to me was the nurses use or non use of gloves when working taking blood, inserting your IV and other duties. Then I thought ok, you're in Mexico they do thing differently. I'm sure they would have worn gloves if I'd insisted. It's also crazy that they aren't concerned for themselves. Where you have surgery is a small hospital so there's a lot of services provided. As often as possible if you need a nurse make sure it's Dr A's nurse. They speak fluent English and some of the others working for the hospital do not. The after care was good. The doctor and all 3 assistant sugeons come in separately to check on you. That was nice in case you had a question you forgot to ask. The rooms are comfortable, yet the furniture is older. There are only 4-5 English speaking channels on tv and the wifi is spotty. However there are computers and a phone in a separate room to use. I took several walk around outside. I felt pretty safe. Not concerning at all. I enjoyed my experience. The hotels are nice and Rosy, the driver is very friendly.

I hope you have great experience too. I'm happy to answer any other questions!
    Alana
  2. Hello! I am planning on booking my surgery tomorrow with Dr Alvarez for Dec 12, 2014
    I see several older posts, looking for more current content. Anyone willing to share?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2