Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between mem222 and Aydensmomma

Leave Comment

12 Visitor Messages

1. Hey again, the stress eating. I'd say that's normal given we've all had many years of stress eating compared to a few months of not. My only suggestion is to buy a munchue that isnt really bad. I love kettle corn and when I want to munch I eat that.
  2. Yale saved my dad's life. He was always super healthy, never overweight. He had the best insurance policy the work because my mom had health issues. So he started feeling off, then couldn't walk and was going down hill quick. So blood work ultimately showed leukemia. That was 3 years ago. With smilow and bone marrow transplant he has been in remission for almost 2 years. Amazing. I'm glad your by yale. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Keep me posted. By the way, my icloud email is out. So my email is now teri4474@gmail.Com
  3. Sounds like you're doing great. Some back steps here. Stress eating. Tom was in hosp. They have to remove a cyst on the tail of his pancreas and his spleen at the same time. He has an adrenal problem causing him to have low potassium so he might have a tumor in one or both adrenal glands. If it is in one it will be removed if it is in both he will be treated. I thank God he had the surgery, that is what got the ball rolling with the potassium issue and then he had a ct scan in Oct which showed the pancreatic tumor! If I could change one thing, I would've INSISTED that he see a cardiologist years ago when he was taking so many bp pills and had low potassium -his pcp was treating him. Oh well it is what it is and we are taking one thing at a time. We are very very lucky to be so close to one of the top medical centers in the world-Yale. We've always taken it for granted but not now.
  4. I eat dinner with everyone, same food they eat, just a lot less. I don't even look at calories anymore. Ill eat breakfast then for lunch I usually have some ham and cheese without bread. I'll snack on popcorn, pretzels. I've been eating a toaster strudel every day.....which is probably a lot of calories and sugar. Dinner is whatever I nade, tonight we're having stuffed peppers. I really hope I'm done now. I haven't weighed myself every day like I was but I was at rite Aid Friday and they have that machine that does your BP and weight....2 weeks ago on there I was 133 and Friday I was 136. Morning time. Can't remember what I wore both days but I'm sure it was similar weight. Hope your feeling good!!
  5. Thanks for asking. The surgery wasn't bad. The pain is different. No pain meds today. Have to eat purée until visit on the 17th. Can't drive! Was constipated, drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate and had a normal bm this am. I'm drinking a good amount of water
    I know what you mean about not knowing what to eat, I am getting really tired if yogurt. Tim got me Greek whips 100 cal 9 protein grams. Not bad. I see this period as a chance to jumpstart my weight loss I had gone back to old habits.
    I can't believe it but I'm really upset now bc tom bought grapes and he said they are crunchy-I love them.
    Do you eat the same food as your family? Are u eating your snacks? Be careful that you don't lose too much weight. That happened to my friend.
  6. I remember you were vomiting a lot. I'm sure your glad that's done with!!
    I'm doing ok. While I am really happy with my weight loss I'm also worried. I'm at 131. I try to eat, but nothing is appetizing. I'll go to stop n shop and look around hoping that I'll find something I want....nothing comes to mind. I'll have Greek yogurt for breakfast, and in the afternoon. Lunch....that one is tough, I don't want anything so I'll make myself eat like leftovers from dinner but only a few bites and I'm done. Dinner is the most I eat. I sit at the table long after everyone is done trying to get it all in. I have 3 water bottles each with 20 or 24oz in them that I make myself drink each day, if I don't get at least 40oz I wake up with a headache that will turn into a migraine. I'm posting my progress later. I have some pictures too I want to put in my album. Stating to feel like skin and bones....and I've had more then one person say I'm starting to look anorexic.
  7. I haven't had reflux for years- I take Prilosec. My doc said that they no longer take it ou. Automatically. Mine was pretty big and it took a LONG time for the food to go through. I was vomiting a lot
    How's things with you?
  8. Hey lady!! Saw you had the hernia removed. Did you have the hernia before being sleeved? They found mine when they did the scope. They didn't remove it and I didn't think anything of it but now I'm wondering why they didn't do it then. The heart burn was non existing the past few months up until 2 weeks ago. It's not bad, but it's there. I'm wondering too if the hernia might be why I feel so full so quick still. Hope your feeling good!
  9. Thank you, job is great-hubby is an inspiration! I am not a competitive person but I have to admit that his success has given me a kick in the ass! He is so driven to lose the weight he is doing EVERYTHING possible including starting to work with the trainer after 2wk check up! I got around to it at about 6 mos! I HATE exercising and am not able to walk that much because of my feet. So started walking from one end of our "section"of the med school to the other 3 times a day and I am up to 9000 steps from about 2-3000. That is helping. Issue is now iced coffee. I am drinking too much an am sure I'm not getting in enough water. It really is such a balance. I am taking part in a post-op research study and I feel like that is putting pressure on me. Not happy about that. Plan for today is laundry and treadclimber - that will def jumpstart my weight loss.
    Thanks for keeping in touch. I haven't been on the site much. Better if you email me at. Marilyn.mesner@yale.edu. Enjoy the day!
  10. Congrats on the new job and it sounds like your husband is off to a great start. Its great that you have each other, you know what he's going thru and he knows what you went thru.
  11. Thanks for asking, I've been busy, my husband was sleeved on the 14th so I've been busy with him and I started a new job on the 20th. Thankfully I took 3 weeks off between jobs - I needed it. He had a lot of appointments, I had a D & C and it was hectic! I guess my hormones were thrown off after my surgery and I developed a polyp, nothing big but it had to come out.
    I can't believe how well my husband has done, 21 lbs in the first week!!!!!!!!!! He is starting to get tired of the liquid diet - very much looking forward to the puree stage!
  12. Just checking in to see how your doing! ;-)
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 12 of 12