Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between VSGtheNP and Kristi7928

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hello VSGtheNP,

No surgery yet - I hope the appeals process is not too long and I come out with them approving surgery. Been battling my work to provide a copy of our health benefits. They just want us to look at the open enrollment information. That doesn't tell me what you approve and don't approve of. They are going to get a copy from Cigna and hopefully it is loaded soon. I have a couple of other things to approve. I'm glad it is the weekend and I am going to sleeeeeeeep in!!

I wish you well in all your future appointments and you get approved for surgery!! Have a great weekend!!
  2. Hello Krisit7928,

I was reading about your surgery being denied via insurance and then Medicaid and then the assistance with an appeal from AnnieG. I was so into your story and was expecting to read about how your surgery went until I realized your last post was on Monday, March 12, 2018. I am PRAYING for your surgery approval, speedy recovery, and unconditional happiness with WLS.

I too am going through the mandated requirements with Medicaid (4'11", SW 226.5, BMI 45.6). I do have mild GERD, joint pain, back pain, stress incontinence, etc. Not sure if Medicaid will consider the aformentioned as comorbidities.

I will have my 5/6 visits next week and Psych visit next month. I have had blood work completed and a sleep study, barium swallow, stress test, and pulmonary test too. I do not need all the aformentioned exams, however, I am over 50 and want to make sure I have everything in order prior to the procedure.

I look forward to reading about your successful surgery approval. Have a wonderful day.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2