Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between KensBarbie and cparks

Leave Comment

8 Visitor Messages

1. OMG! I am so scared about tomorrow---Please tell me that it will be ok! Do you remember going into the OR? When you woke up how many hours later was it? I hate being put to sleep--Thats the reason I ma so fricken scared!! Please tell me good things to help calm my nerves! BTW--how are you doing? Have you lost a lot? What are you eating now? WE really need to get together and talk. I have a FB page -- look me up: Rose Spataro-Petersen. I will send you my phone number and address when you add me as a friend on fb. I would love to call you after surgery and maybe you can come visit me!! Anyway, I hope you are doing fantastic!!! >3 Rose
  2. Thinking of you!!!! Tommorrow You will begin the next step of the rest of your life!!!! So excited for you! Keep us up to date!! God Bless!
  3. So glad to hear everything went well! I have 1 week left-12/18. Please let me know how your doing...
  4. Hi Rose~
    Yes I am home now resting. It has been quite the experience for sure. Post op on the PCA pump was not to bad at all. I did have an issue with double vision when on the morphine. It went away when I was removed from it. I was not prepared for drinking the lortab after the pca was removed. For me having the phenegren on aboard was essential to get the lortab down with out dry heaving, I was not expecting how hard it was going to be to drink anything at all. I find myself being so very thirtsty yet it hurts everytime i swallow anything. I do have hope that soon will go away after reading all the blogs regarding it. I have to be patient and wait for the swelling to go away. I look forward to it! I just got home yesterday. i would hav eliked to stay one more day and Dr. P was fine with it, but as my daughter had her baby on Monday I thought it best I go home to at least give her direction even if I cant do much but hold him and feed him. My mom arrives this evening (monday) : ) and I am so happy for that! It gets a little better with each day. My hubby helped me take a shower last night which felt fabulous. I am going to try eating ice chips again to get in my water intake. That worked well in the hospital went down slow enought it didnt hurt and yet gave me some sense of thirtst quenching, ANY other questions let me kno!!! ~ Carrie
  5. Carrie---How are you feeling?? Please let me know--I have 8 days to go! I hope you are doing well!
  6. How exciting!! That cruise sounds amazing!! Congrats on taking the big step towards nursing! I go to GCU as well! Crazy how many things we have in common. I go on line getting my bachelors in Advanced Pt Care. I will graduate in April of 2013. I am super stoked for this surgery on Thursday. A bit surreal now that it is so close. I have 16 and 17 year old daughers (17 yr old due with my grandson on the 11th of Dec) and 11 and 12 yr old sons. So we are a busy household too, somthing you must be well versed in as well. Is your husband stationed here and if so how long do you guys have til you transfer. I have been on my liquid diet since the day after turkey day. It has been rough, but I have lost 12 lbs so far. I really like Dr. P as well. I will keep you up to date on the process. Glad to meet you and we must stay in touch!! Carrie
  7. HI!! Yes, I am getting my sleeve done at Banner Gateway. Dr. Pokameni is soooooooooo nice. I am a nursing student at Grand Canyon University and had the privilege of seeing Dr. Pokameni at work during one of my OR Clinical Rotations for school. That is the reason I choose him--he is very good at his job and is very respectful and considerate of his patients. I am 43 yrs young, I live in Chandler, I am married, my hubby is in the US Air force, I have 5 boys (20, 17, 14, 11 & 11), 1 pug (Daisy), and 3 cats (Mysti, Stormi, and Luna)--the pets are all girls! My rule..LOL. I am graduating May 2013---then hubby taking me on an Alaskan Cruise for my graduation present!! I have such wonderful things to be excited about!! I am also scared, nervous and excited all at the same time, but I cant wait to be feeling good and looking sexy again!!!! Please write back! --Rose
  8. Hi! I just joined tonight and I noticed we have the same Surgeon. Are you getting your surgery done at BAnner Gateway? I am and it is this upcoming Thursday Dec 6. Soooo excited and nervous. I live in Mesa, have 4 kids and have been married for 18 years. I was in the Navy for 14 years and got out and went to school to become a Respiratory THerpaist, I graduated in 2011 and jwas recently hired at Casa Grande Medical Center. Our surgeries are pretty close together and sounds like we have quite a bit in common!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8