Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between PokerGuy and Minoe

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. I am stuck now as well. Really stuck.
    But I have confidence the weightloss will restart. I am not nearly eating enough to maintain.
    I can eat everything.
    Crackers, toasted breads and other dry stuff is waaaayyy easier than protein of mashed potatoes for me.
    Hot meals are the hardest, but I am really happy with what I can allready eat!
    I havent thrown up yet either, not since the hospital. I must be really lucky!
    Hang in there! The pureed and liquid stage seems like very unpractical once you go back to work, no?
    I go back next monday.

Acid feels like hunger pain? I had no idea. I'll try your advice! Thanks.
  2. It's going okay.. I lost a ton at first and now I've been at 220 for the last 2 weeks. Which is 35 pounds lost the first 2 weeks. I don't really want to lose any more right now. Are you able to eat any foods you want now? I have tried to eat normal foods and I just throw them up. I can only eat soups and mashed potatoes and things like that. Are you sure it's hunger at night? It may be acid reflux or heartburn which is common after surgery. Try tums or another antacid. Acid reflux feels like hunger pangs.
  3. Hi pokerguy,

Hows it going? I am really slowing down already. But i am ok with that.
    5 pounds in 10 days. I do get hungry though, especially at night. I can lie awake hungry.
    I am back to all foods now as well. No more liquids nor pureed!
    You?
  4. Hi pokerguy!
    I lost 11 pounds in the first two weeks, but now i am at a pound a week.I lost 15 pounds in total this month, but with a stall in my third week.
    I ate 1000kcal for years before surgery, so i guess it makes sence that i am losing slowly, since i am already at 600 kcals a day.
    I have about 37 pounds to lose. So 22 to go, 40% done.

Part of me stresses that i am losing so slowly now, part of me finds it easier that the weight loss isnt too visible for outsiders such as colleagues.
    I really want to keep losing but i dont want to get skinny either.
    So i am trying to be cool with the current rate.

Are you still losing as quickly? Have you had some secret wine already (i have, my stomach loves it)? And at how many kcals a day are you?

X
  5. Hey Minoe,
    Curious as another low BMI sleever as to how much weight you have lost so far.??
    My starting weight was 255 and my goal is 195 (I'm a 6'2" big boned guy) I have already lost 30 pounds. I'm actually shocked to have lost 1/2 of my weight loss goal. I know the bigger people lose a lot fast but I was expecting it to take a few months to lose 1/2 my weight not 2 weeks.
  6. Hi Pokerguy!
    I loved your reassuring message and your courage talking on this battle before it gets too bad.
    I with you on that one!
    Good luck with your surgery! I am miraculously great just 4 days post op. just keep that in mind.
    Fingers crossed for you!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6