Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between LoriC and KillaB

Leave Comment

10 Visitor Messages

1. I am not sure yet what the long-term is...the bursitis is caused by standing, walking and working out. Surgery might be an option to remove the bursae, a new one will grow back but that (I'm assuming) would also become inflamed by activity. Right now I am confident in knowing that most of losing weight is the food I put into my mouth. I have upped my protein to 80 gms a day, I had been slacking on that and water intake...so I will let you know if that works in about a week! I got a stability ball to sit on and do some exercises for my core and legs that don't hurt my hip, and i can get my "arm flaps" toned up in the meantime LOL. Thanks for the support! I love this site <3
  2. Oh no, Lori! That's awful!! I haven't lost as much as I expected, but I think I will see more when I up my work out regimen and I think I should up my water intake as well. I pray that you recover fast, or is it permanent that you won't be able to workout?! You'll figure it out and you'll be dropping again before you know it!! My thoughts are with you!
  3. I have hit a stall! I'm on here reading about how people broke through their stalls looking for inspiration. I started working out and had to stop, I woke up and couldn't walk after using my elliptical and went to the doctors and she says I have Trochanteric Bursitis and I can't work out...AND because of my sleeve I can't take the only treatment, NSAIDS...ugh! So I'm not sure what to do now, I am upping my protein and water and crossing my fingers! I'm only 45 I am too young for all these issues!! LOL
  4. I am so glad to hear that you're doing so well, Lori!! I am just now making it to 30lbs lost but I am feeling much more confident and healthier. I have been doing little bits of working out, but I am keeping it pretty much down to just walking 30-45 minutes a day. I think today I will try a dance class at the gym again. Hope everything is going fantastic for you!!!
  5. That is EXCELLENT! I am at an even 30 lbs gone and today is exactly 5 weeks. I have cleaned out my exercise room and I am gearing up to start working out again. The elliptical is so boring, thank heavens for Netflix LOL
  6. I have been doing a lot better with my eating!! I'm going to look Forks Over Knives up when I get home!! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well!!! I'm 21lbs down as of a few days ago!!!
  7. Hi Brittni! My appointment with my primary was great, and I love my doctor a lot! She checked out my naval and said that it's fine and the scabs will flake off in time. I have been eating a lot of yogurt and soup, had a bad experience with an egg white omelet...but that's the only time I got sick. I have been eating peanuts when I get really hungry and that really stops hunger in its tracks! I love Chobani plain with mandarin oranges or peaches. I am looking forward to my first baked potato! You have to get healthy girl! You can't make this HUGE change and put crap in your new belly! Watch Forks Over Knives if you have Netflix!
  8. Hey Lori!! Sorry it's been a few days since I have been able to check in here. It's so good to hear you are doing so well! I was cleared for regular food last Tuesday and I did have a little bit of an upset stomach right after, but it went away after that. I feel like I am losing weight a little slowly so I'm going to get strict about what I am taking in. Although I can only have small amounts, I have not been as healthy as I should. I think with the more food you are able to introduce, the more energy you will have. Also, after eating liquids for quite a while your body was probably just confused when you ate the tuna, but I'm sure it will be fine as you go on. Let me know how your doctor's appointment goes!! I look forward to sharing this journey!!
  9. Hi! Thank you for checking in I'm doing pretty good, trying to adjust to soft foods on week 3 and tuna sent me to the bathroom with bad runs..ugh! I love tuna! Other than that and some bloating from cottage cheese I am feeling great. I am heading to Chicago tonight to do a trade show there, I hope I don't get overtired like I have been lately...I can't wait til I can have coffee! How are you feeling? I am going to see my Primary doctor on the 6th so she can check me over and make sure everything is ok!
  10. Hi Lori,
    I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing?? How's the journey coming?? I go for my follow up today and I'm pretty anxious. I'm still at 12lbs lost but I am beginning to eat a wider variety of food. Keep me updated!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10