Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between TXgrandma and CrystalJMM

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hello,

I liked him a lot. The staff at My Bariatric Solutions are very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. I had no complications with my surgery at all and am healing very well. The only issue I had (and this really could just be me) is the hiatal hernia repair. From what I could tell Dr. Stowers is under the impression that all overweight people have this hernia and should have it repaired at the same time as the sleeve procedure. If you're paying out of pocket this will save you around $3000. That is great and much appreciated but the symptoms of the hernia are heart burn and gas issues. I had NO symptoms prior to surgery but was told I had the hernia. It was repaired and again no significant complications but I've had more discomfort with gas and heart burn since the surgery than ever before. I was highly dependent on gas x strips for the first 2 weeks after my procedure and am still scared to stop taking the prilosec (which you're supposed to be on for 3 months after surgery anyway). So anyway, if you have no heart burn and gas problems I would try to skip the hernia repair.....otherwise....everything was great.

Hope that helps and I didn't get too off track.
  2. I'm considering having Dr. Stowers do my sleeve surgery. Can you give me any feedback?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2