Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Truebody and Anissa Christine

Leave Comment

17 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Happy to read how great you are doing! Plastic surgery was the absolute best choice for me. Not that I wasn't already highly motivated, but with having plastics I am even MORE motivated to maintain my weight and tone my body. I actually have ab muscles...haha I would have never dreamed that would have been possible for me 19 months ago! Keep in touch, and I wish you continued success!!
  2. I'm doing great. I refuse to be unhappy with my body - I love every droopy bit of it. My weight continues to drop and it is nice to be able to focus on life instead of food and weight. I tend to eat the same things every day and I'm fine with that. My life has opened up a great deal and I can only go on to more beautiful things happening.
    Really glad to hear that you're well and congratulations on being the shape/person you dreamed for yourself. Good for you!
  3. Everything is great! I am 4 months post-plastics! I have the bikini body I have always dreamed of!! How are you doing?
  4. What a difference a month short of a year makes. It's coming up to my 1 year anniversary. How's your life with the sleeve going?
  5. Just stopping by to say good luck tomorrow! I am sending all the good vibes I can possibly muster! You will do amazing! Take care
  6. I know!!! I blinked and it snuck up on me......
    But good news, I took delivery of my new rower tonight. I'm sitting here with the cat on my lap flicking through the instructions. I can hook it up to my PC and log progress. Too cool.
    Thanks for your message. Always good to hear from you.
  7. One more week!!!! I remember how excited I was! These next 6 days are going to fly by!!
  8. Hiya - wanted to tell you that this forum would be a sad and not quite balanced place without your input.
    I've just had a good old rant and what set me off was a post that resonated with me as basically petulance and a teeny food tantrum. While I don't dismiss the validity of these thoughts for the folk feeling them - hell been there and done that - but it did resonate with me as "I've had a gut full".
    Not sure I would have had that moment today if you hadn't posted your comment on the food obsession.
    While recognising the lack of value in food is important for me now and I think will be for a while to come, your rock solid resolve was what I needed as a foil to get the other thinking to slot into place.
    You are sooooo relevant.
  9. The gym has been part of my life on and off for many years. However, once I opted for the surgery I had to gain weight (25 pounds) to qualify for the surgery under my insurance policy (BMI of 40 with no comorbidities). I kicked off going to the gym by printing out (and taping to the treadmill) various walking interval routines (I started out only being able to walk at 2.5 MPH). I made a goal that I could never "switch" or move on from a routine until I completed it in its entirety (and without modifying it). So some routines took me a week to get through...but as you can tell I NEVER gave up! Within 6 weeks of walking I was able to run. A lot of it has been just pure determination! I focus WAY more on working than food. Don't get me wrong I eat healthy I just don't obsess over it as so many do on here. If I can be of anymore help please let me know! Love your attitude!
  10. Hello me again. Right I've promised myself I'm heading to the gym tomorrow to re-find my gym junkie soul and I wanted you to be the first to know. Was going to the gym a part of your life before surgery? So another question for you how did you kick off your start at the gym....
    I know we spoke (wrote) about injecting variety into the routine, but I'm facing getting off the couch and in the door. Seeing as you have been so successful with turning your life around figured I'd ask you for what you did in the early days.
    Cheers. Jen
  11. Thanks Anissa - much appreciated. I get you with the running, x-trainer idea. Anything I do now will be working muscles that have been lying dormant for a while so will work to engage those to start. I like rowing - does the bottom half, the top half, the abs and is kind to my poor old knees. I'll let you know how I go. Thanks again.
  12. I totally developed my own workout regimen. I had to learn about what worked for my body type. Let's face it there is no one-size fits all workout program. I will say what has been key to my success is switching it up. One day I will workout on the elliptical, next day I will do an interval workout on the treadmill, then maybe the following day the stationary bike..then I one day I will do a long run...or a short run. I did not incorporate any weight training/resistance training until I was 28 weeks post-op. I wanted to shed the weight prior to building muscle. I knew running was helping me build lean muscle so I wasn't overly concerned about losing muscle.

For sure take part in exercise that you ENJOY! Otherwise you will lose motivation. Try different machines...different classes...etc until you develop a passion for what you do! Also, set weekly goals for yourself where workouts are concerned. I became addicted to running after starting weekly running goals. 8 months ago I could not run one mile now I can run five!

And lastly believe that you are capable of achieving GREATNESS! The only limitations that exist are in your mind! And mental hurdles are the MOST difficult to overcome...but you CAN DO IT!! Stay strong...stay focused...and keep the inner fire burning!
  13. As you know my surgeon has suggested a weight programme post surgery to keep what lean muscle I have. I do belong to a gym. but currently don't go - that will naturally change shortly. Question for you - how did you work out your weight regime? Did you develop yourself or consult a trainer for a program? The gym is nice, has all the kit - but I get very exasperated with the staff. They are young and don't seem to be particularly bright - getting them to understand that I am not in my early thirties and cannot move like one makes me cranky. I've tried about 3 different ones and they are pleasant enough but their youth seems to work against them when assisting someone not from their own demographic. So - a plan to get me started - any tips from your own experience or a website you find useful?
  14. Lol!! Thank you!
  15. I love your new profile pic. You're looking fantastic. We need to do a successful Sleevers pin up calendar for next year!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast