Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between terribrown71 and bmiller140

Leave Comment

15 Visitor Messages

1. Good to hear from you. I'm doing great. Sitting at 190 for days now. So close to a new frontier - the 180s that the waiting is killing me. Eating is fine - no issues. My knee still bothers me some but it is better. Trying to ride my recumbent bike but I'm lazy - I admit it.

How are you? Bet you're enjoying good food - even it is only a few bites.
  2. Hi Bonnie! How are you doing?
  3. Getting between 600 and 800. If the skim doesn't work, you might try almond or rice milk.
  4. I might try the skim milk. I like it anyway. I tried the 2 percent with my protein shake and it made me queezy. How many calories are you getting in a day? Around 6 to 800 for me. I think he did a good job with the surgery as well. Going to get me a bike too the first week of july. I love bikes.
  5. I'm coming to your house and let your hubby cook for me. I can do skim milk in my shakes. I drink a protein drink for breakfast, string cheese for snack, Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt for lunch and real food for dinner. I often drink another protein drink made with water at night or another string cheese. So I guess that is 3 meals and 2 snacks. I drink totally normal too. Bought a recumbent bike and try to ride every day but only make it 10 minutes. Energy is okay but I'm pooped at night. Sounds like we had a great surgeon.
  6. Hey! Doing well. I can also eat 3 to 4 ounces at a time and drink normally. I also need a nap daily. Fatigue more than sleepy. Oh....do you eat 3 times a day or 5 times a day? I like 5 but can we do that? Lol?..drinking milk is the only thing that doesn't agree with me so far. Just ready to get more weight off of course. Hubby keeps fixing me up when it's time to eat...good stuff.
  7. How are you doing? I'm surprised at how easy things are going for me (knock on wood). I can eat about 3 - 4 ounces at one time. My first soft food was 2 over medium eggs from IHOP. They were amazing. How much are you eating? I read these posts about people who eat 2 - 3 bites and they're full. That is not me. Of course I take small bites - but really. If you tell me you only eat that amount, I'll be jealous. I'm sure your sweet husband is feeding you well! LOL I have learned to eat Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt. I never liked yogurt but this brand is not bad. Love string cheese as a snack - 7 grams of protein! Let me know how you're doing. Hope you're not napping at work.
  8. I am doing great. I have my appointment Friday. I am back home and glad to be here. Loved seeing my dad though. I just get a little fatigued still during the day and have to take a nap lol. Hope that will go away soon though. Glad to see you are doing well. Please keep me posted
  9. Had my 2 week appointment today. Dr. Carlton said that I'm doing fine and released me to return to work tomorrow. Officially have lost 23.3 pounds from my pre-op diet heaviest. Not having any pain. Still can't walk much because of my knee. Had to have fluid taken off of it last Friday and had a steroid shot. At work we have a small gym and I will be able to walk on the treadmill. That is much easier on my knee.

Are you still in East Texas? How are you feeling? I know you're doing great on your weight loss. Are you feeling okay?
  10. They must have called me next. I have to be there at 9am. So excited. Ready to move from pre-op diet to post-op diet. See you there. By the way - I have very curly shortish hair that is brown with red highlights. My husband is mostly bald with a gray mustache and goatee.
  11. They just called me. Have to be there at 8 am.
  12. I know. Same here. I wish they would call today. I had breakfast this morning for my one meal. Tomorrow we have to eat it for lunch I believe. Let me know when you get your time and I will do the same. Good luck...
  13. Yes and excited too. I just wish we knew what time on Thursday. Hard for family to plan when we don't have a time. Oh well - I'll be ready whatever time it is.

Laughed yesterday when I was planning my last supper for tonight. I'm going with a hamburger patty and salad. Exciting stuff.
  14. Nervous yet??
  15. Guess you started your Pre-Op Diet officially yesterday. I am still letting myself have one diet coke every other day. That should stop on Sunday. The Dietician told me to wean myself off of them. Haven't had any sugar in weeks - that is good. Getting excited because my medications arrived yesterday.

My husband is starting to show signs of nervousness. Asking more questions about what I will be drinking after the surgery and making sure I buy everything before hand. He is usually a pretty good nurse.

Hope things are going well with you.

Bonnie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 15