Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between AnnieG and simplyseahorse

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. Yep I am a Sweet Adeline as well Thank you again for your note - it made me smile
  2. I'm doing great - maintenance is tricky - not in terms of gain, or even eating out. Just get a little bored, but then again its way better than being heavy or ill.

My mom was a Sweet Adeline, and all of us played instruments and sang, but I let go of the piano following a stroke a few years ago, and I didn't like the choir where we were going to church, and new parish doesn't have one yet (its small).

New fella! Hooray for life back in your years. I hope he appreciates how special you are. I've been remarried 18 years to a wonderful man (he'll be 71 and we are so fortunate. I have a 2 hours class every Wednesday, a 2 hour meeting on Tuesdays, edit a quarterly newsletter and volunteer for a crisis hotline. And heavens knows, I crochet and do other stuff.

Being out of the house and active is so nice! Glad you are well!
  3. Awww thank you Annie! I am well - I hit my goal - so now the hard work of staying there begins!!!!! I have been seeing a new gentleman friend, and I also started back singing with a barbershop chorus that I belonged to years ago - and couldn't keep up with anymore because I was so heavy......so life is good these days. I love your new photo - how are you doing??? Dawn
  4. Just checking in to see how you are doing!
  5. How lovely of you to say so! I'm fortunate (in a weird way) that I have had multiple cancers & chemo, so balding/hair loss is not new. Just still a surprise that I am vain! This time it jumped ship on the crown and front, so I just took the scissors to it in the bathroom and cut it down to an inch. I look a bit like a transvestite monk, IMHO!

I had a couple of wigs in gray from last "fall out". I watched PattiesPearls YouTube on how to cut and style yourself. And I have a new one (curlier as my natural hair is/was) so I'm kind of tickled to see how that looks.

My oldest girl was here this week overnight, and she rather liked my sparse hair -- but then again, she's seen me with none at all. I do have a lovely shaped head!

I had a difficult time with the vitamins -- found gummy ones! I added biotin (gummies) and I've done well on the protein, all of my bariatric labs are normal, and I am so grateful that it has always come back. If not, wigs. Or maybe a tattoo on my head -- I've got 2 elsewhere, so maybe?
    Again, thank you for your kindness
  6. Hey Annie - I just read that you said something about a lot of hair loss suddenly - I am so sorry for that. I experienced that as well a few years ago when I started taking a medication that hair loss was a major side effect of. I was lucky because it eventually stopped.

I did want to tell you, if it is any consolation, that before I read that, I had noticed your picture and though how cute your hair was with that new style! I am going to treat myself to a new and shorter haircut after I get through the surgery, so I noticed how cute it looked immediately. If it's a wig, you are rocking it!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6