Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between bnk1cs and Lilygirl1973

Leave Comment

9 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Kelli,
    I am so glad to hear from you! How are you doing? Are things getting better for you? I truly hope so.
    I have been doing well. I have lost about 70 pounds since the start of this process in July. I no longer
    suffer from any nausea or heartburn (those were the worst of it). I am finally feeling like a normal
    person now. I really am happy that I had the surgery. I don't think I could have lost this weight
    without it, and definitely wouldn't have been able to keep it off. So how are you feeling, both
    emotionally and physically? I prayed for you ever since your last post that things would get better
    for you... I hope they have!
  2. How have you been doing?
  3. Dear Kelli,
    I saw your post today and it brought me to tears. I am so worried about you. Please, please believe me, it gets better. I felt the same as you did for the first two months after my surgery. Everyday I cried, thinking what in the world have I done to myself. But I am a single mother, so I had no choice but to get out of bed, take care of my son and keep going. And then one day, things just got better. I felt better physically, which in turn helped me mentally and emotionally. I take Prozac everyday. I was on that before my surgery and continued after. It really has helped me with my anxiety. Please speak to your doctor. Tell him exactly how you are feeling. Maybe with the change of hormones and loss of weight, he may need to re-evaluate the meds he has you on. But please, do not give up. You are so important to so many people. And I promise you, this too shall pass. It will get better and you will be able to look back and say you made it through it like the fighter you are. I will be praying for you. Your friend, Phyllis.
  4. I wished we lived closer too! It would be so nice to have someone around going through the same things. to talk to and shop with! where do you live by the way? you are right at that stage where things started to turn around for me. I literally went from vomiting one day and feeling great the next, and have been fine ever since. You will start to see that soon. Even the drinking is so much easier. I don't have to sip, sip anymore. I can drink normally now, so its easier to get the fluids in. I still cant eat to much at a sitting, but I guess that's a good thing. make sure you take it easy at work. I don't have a very physical job (office job) but the first few weeks were still hard for me. don't overexert yourself. remember this is a process, slow and steady. you are going to do great, hang in there. I may not live close, but you can "talk" to me everyday if you want!
  5. My biggest struggle is probably hydration and keeping my emotions in control. I am not healing as fast as I think I should. I am back to work after 7 weeks off it is difficult 8 hours on my feet all day. Very physical work. It's hard to get the sip, sip, sip. I feel weak and constipated. too bad we don't live close. It would be nice to have zomone to turn to (pal around with).
  6. I definitely had my share of setbacks as well during the first several weeks. and I know what you mean about the emotional side. I took a month off from work and was home alone and nauseas. I definitely felt depression setting in, so I was actually happy to go back to work. even the first few weeks at work were hard, I didn't feel normal. I would vomit right there in my office sometimes! it was tough, but it is so much better now. I do well as far as the food and keeping everything down. I don't track my food, which I should, so I don't know how much protein exactly I get in, but I know its decent. as far as the water, I have tried diligently to get 64 oz in but it feels impossible! I don't know how other people do it. maybe it will get easier in a few months? I hope so. and water some times makes me queasy, I drink more crystal light than water which I was told is ok. what do you feel are your struggles and setbacks? have things been any easier with time? I think we both got sleeved in august right? I hope things turn around for you and get so much better, they should real soon now...
  7. I am doing ok. I have had a lot of set backs and struggles. Both physical and emltional. One day at a time. Are yoj able to get all of your hydrstion in? If so what is your eating and drinking schedule? What do you eat and drink?

I am glad that thjngs are going good for you...
  8. Hi there!
    I have recently been doing great, thanks for asking. Honestly, the first 6-8 weeks were really hard for me. the first 4 weeks I dealt with the pain and then after that was all nausea, could barely eat anything without vomiting. but after the eight weeks it was like something just clicked. I haven't had anymore nausea or vomiting. I eat three meals a day, very small meals but meals nonetheless. I feel better then I have in a long time. so enough about me....how are you doing??
    Phyllis
  9. I was just wondering how you are doing?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9