Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between tmmom2 and Kylie78

Leave Comment

20 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hey Christy,
    I've been doing really well. Still struggling a little with eating too quickly, but getting better. Down nearly 23 kg (49.5 lb) now, so pretty happy with that. Been super busy with Christmas and New Year. Michael and I just got back from a little holiday today. We went to Kangaroo Island which is a little island at the bottom of Australia. So beautiful! I went horse riding whch was so peaceful. We also went quad riding and sand surfing. They were a lot of fun. We went to a wildlife sanctuary where I got to cuddle a koala and nurse a joey. They were sooo cute! The scenery was stunning so we got some really nice photos. Definitely somewhere that we will go again.
    How are you going, Christy? I hope you are still travelling along well.
    I don't come on here that often at all anymore, mainly just to update my tracker.
    Well I hope you're enjoying the holiday season, Hun. Look forward to hearing how you are.
    Take care
    Kylie
  2. Hey Christy,
    What a lovely surprise to see a message from you. I haven't spent as much time on here lately either, but I always check in on you to see how you're going. I always wonder about you, you are soooo close to goal now. You must feel so proud of yourself, like a new woman!
    I'm going ok. I haven't had too many dramas with my sleeve, a little bit of pain when I went back to work which I got checked out. Turned out to just be part of the healing process but they did find a fairly decent sized gallstone in the ultrasound. It's not giving me any grief at the moment so I'm happy to leave it be. My next check up with the surgeon is in December, I'll see what he has to say about it then. I still struggle a little with eating slowly. Always been a fast eater so slowly learning to not scoff my food down lol. My weight loss has been pretty good. Around 11kg (24lb) since surgery. I've hit a couple of little stalls but not too concerned about them, seems everyone does. I started up at the gym last week so feeling good about that
    How are you Hun? Did you end up having to go for a hysterectomy? I'm hoping you are ok and all is well for you.
    Was so nice to hear from you again.
    Take care
    Kylie
  3. Hey Kylie!
    I havent been on here in forever, but I have thought about you and wanted to check in and see how everything is going for you. Miss chatting with you! Take care and chat soon! Christy
  4. Hey Christy,
    Wow! That's awesome news about your son. I'm so happy for you guys. It is a little sad about your baby's mum not being ready but like you say at least he is safe with your family. I'm a great believer in things happening for a reason and things always work out in the end whichever way they turn out. Now just isn't the right time for bubby's mum.
    Thank you for your encouraging words, they mean a lot. My hubby is very supportive of me. He's a champ! It's funny, he told me he had toast for breakfast this morning but he feels funny eating solid foods lol. I told him he should have chicken broth like me...yuck!
    I've done a couple of before pics, you know the front-side-back ones, but I won't post them until I've lost more weight so there's a better comparison.
    I can't believe how close to goal you are!! You must feel amazing. You've done so well in such a short time. I look forward to seeing more pics of your journey too.
    Take care, chat soon
    Kylie
  5. Hey Christy,
    You are a busy little bee! How did the big move for your boy go? Has he settled in now? I'm sure he'll visit home lots too. I know what you mean about your younger son preferring to sleep than go to school. He sounds like my daughter lol. Glad to hear your daughter is loving school. Definitely makes it easier sending them when you know they are happy to be there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your little one's mum does well once she gets him back. Will you be able to keep in contact?
    Well, my surgery is all over and done with now. I'm still in hospitalnd doing well. I got to have a little chicken broth earlier and jelly (your jello) it took me an hour and a half to get the broth down so I didnt bother with the jelly. I still feel full from it so I dont think I'll bother with the dinner they gave me. I had some Panadol earlier but it feels like it's sitting in the middle of my chest. Not very comfortable but I'm sure I'll survive lol. My pre opdiet went really well. I was a good girl and didn't cheat once. My hubby did it with me so that made it much easier to stay on track. We both lost 5 kg each (around 10lb each) so we're happy with that.
    I'm hoping to go home tomorrow, my surgeon said he'll check in and see how I'm going then make the decision.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me

Well Christy, you take care. Chat soon
  6. Hey Christy,
    How are you? I've been good. Literally just counting down the days now. Only 3 days left of actual food for a little while now
    How did your son's first day in his new job go? And your daughter, how did her first day of Pre K go? I have to admit that I had to Google Pre K lol. We call it Pre-Entry over here. I remember both of my kids saying, "Ok Mum, you can go now!" I was way sadder than they were. How about your other boy? How was his first day of 5th grade? I hope they all had great first days. How long have you had your foster baby for? That must be so hard on you, having to hand the littlies back. Have you been doing foster care for long? You are a very special, selfless person opening your heart and home in that way. Not many could do what you do.
    Have you seen your dr yet? I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that everything will be ok. Best to know either way though, so that you can concentrate on getting yourself healthy and well.
    Thank you for the advice about the sf ice blocks. I'll definitely get myself some. I stocked up on loads of sf jelly (I think you call it jello?) to have when I am able to. My hubby and I went and bought the shakes for the pre op diet on the weekend so the pantry is all stocked up waiting for me to begin my journey.

Let me know how you got on at the drs won't you?

Take care Christy. Chat soon.
    Kylie
  7. Hey there Christy,
    Big congrats to your boy on passing his driver's test. That's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in the hopes that finds his way back to study.
    Good on you for joining the gym. You should be very proud of yourself! You're well on the way to being one hot mumma now
    I said to my husband that once I've had my surgery, which by the way is on the 20th of Sept, I'd like to go back to the gym. We have a ladies only gym close by that I used to go to but I stupidly gave up on. I started to feel really good about myself when I was going there but that silly little voice in my head told me I couldn't be bothered with going anymore. So as usual, I went with it and quit.
    Wow! A hysterectomy!?! I hope everything is ok? I'm guessing things aren't as ok as they should be for you, so I sure hope eveything goes smoothly for you. I don't blame you for not being in a hurry to get back on the operating table but, obviously there's good reason and it will all be worth it in the end.
    All is good with me. Just counting down the days until my surgery. I wonder if anyone else has been excited to start their pre-op diet? Lol. I'm sure I'll feel differently once I've been on it for a week but at the moment I can't wait to start the pre-op because that will mean my surgery is coming up very soon
    Well Christy, you take care and let me know how you're going. Chat soon
    Kylie
  8. Hey Christy,
    It sure does get hot in your neck of the woods. Sheesh!
    Wow! You have your hands full there with all your kiddies.
    What is it that your son would likely study if he goes to college?
    It's hard being a mum knowing that your kids aren't making the best choices for themselves but there's not much we can do about it without pushing them away. I guess that's all part of growing up and learning from mistakes. I remember my parents telling me I was making the wrong choice by leaving school to start work but there was no telling me. I thought I knew it all. Now I'm going through the same thing with my daughter. She's 16 and knows it all! My son is 7 so still a few years before I have to go through all that with him lol.
    That's bad luck about your boy not getting his license. I wish him all the best and hope he's successful next time round.
    Take care
    Kylie
  9. Hey Christy,
    Glad to read you guys had lots of fun in Glaveston. We do have lots of lovely beaches here and not too far away as well so we're pretty lucky. All Australian capital cities are close to the coast so most Aussies are lucky enough to live close to the seaside.
    OMG! It would so be exciting for us to visit your little town. anywhere in the US would be exciting for us!
    Our temperatures vary a lot throughout the year here in Adelaide. Our average winter temp is around 16°C (40°F) and our average summer temp would be around 33°C (91°F) but often gets up to around 42°C (107°F)
    What kind of temperatures do you get?
    How old are your kids? I bought my daughter a gift voucher for driving lessons for her birthday this year to encourage her to go for her Learner's Permit but she's been a bit slack and hasn't gone yet.
    Sending lots of luck across the miles to your boy (How did he go?)

Take care
    Chat soon!
  10. Hi Christy,
    It sounds like you enjoyed a well earned little break. It's winter over here at the moment so a little getaway to the beach (somewhere warm of course) sounds amazing!
    You would love it over here Christy, we have lots of beautiful beaches ��
    Maybe we should do a vacation swap someday
    My brother and his wife spent the last week or so in the Napa Valley, then San Fransisco, they're going to Sturgis and then they're spending some time in Las Vegas. Then back home to sleepy little Adelaide
    The Mexico cruise sounds amazing! We definitely have a cruise on our bucket
    list, just not sure when or where.
    I was really happy with te results of the Optifast diet. Obviously not something you could stick to for a long period but definitely worthwhile if someone needs to drop weight quickly. I'm not on it now as it's a little expensive but I'm happy I tried it so I know what to expect an what flavours to get before my surgery.
    I hope your sunburn isn't giving you too much grief! Aloe Vera gel is amazing on sunburn. Well, take care Christy Chat soon
  11. Hi Christy,
    Glad to read you are doing well. I often check your little weight loss ticker and get excited when it moves. Even my hubby says "how much weight has your friend lost now?"
    I am getting excited about my surgery but it still seems like forever away, also a bit surreal. I decided to give the Optifast diet a go this week, just to see how it goes. (I have to do it for 2 weeks before my surgery) I started it on Monday and have already lost 2.4 kg / just over 5 lb. I'm stoked with that since it's only Wednesday today. Strangely enough I haven't felt hungry at all but I'm not sure if that's genuine satiation or just me telling myself that I'm not hungry. Either way it seems to be working
    Lucky you, heading off on a little vacation! You'll be able to show off your hot new bod!! Whereabouts are you going? My brother and his wife have just landed in the US today. They're on their trip of a lifetime. They've been so excited and counting down the days for months and months. Lucky buggers!!
    Well, you enjoy your little trip and take care. Chat soon
  12. Hey Kylie! How are you doing? Are you getting excited about your surgery? I have been feeling pretty good lately. Can eat more some days than others, but not much at all. We are going on a mini vacation this weekend so it will be nice to get away for a few days. Take care! Christy
  13. Hey Christy,
    Just a little check in to see how you are going. Hope all is well
  14. Thanks Christy! We're doing a happy dance together across the miles!
    Can't wait to see your pics!
    You take care and have a great day too
  15. Hiya Christy,
    Just a little update. I saw my surgeon today. I have a date!! 20th Sept. I'm so fricken excited
    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Take care
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast