Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between MsLisa71 and SAMom

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. Hey - this is a very random check in. I haven't been to this site in years! Just wondered how you were doing?? I hope well! I weighed this morning, 148 so I'm happy! Surgery was still the best decision I ever made. My DIL had it first and told me about it. Sadly - she gained a lot back and they had the bypass surgery. Lost 40 pounds but still way to heavy.
    I hope you are doing great!
  2. Hi! I'm not here much anymore either. Been doing pretty well. Feeling good, working hard to keep my activity up in the gloom of a Seattle winter. It's tough for me to be motivated to walk outside in the cold and wet weather. I'm up 8 lbs this holiday season....got a little too liberal w/sweets and getting that in check. I also stopped tracking my food and getting back to that to hold myself accountable. Thanks for checking in - it's nice to hear from you! I'm sure you'll say goodbye to those few extra pounds. Have a good 2020!!
  3. Hey! Just wondered how you were doing? We had our procedures done the same week in May of 2018. I haven’t been on this site since forever! Dumb mistake on my part! I’m now 7 lbs up from my lowest weight and getting recommitted! (It actually feels good to recommit.) The holidays and a recent cruise did me in. I would love to hear how you are doing. You were always such an inspiration!
  4. Congrats on changing the course of your health! Taking diabetes out of the equation is a big deal. Praying that the pain subsides soon.
    I've experienced a bit more "shedding" of hair lately. It's not patchy, but still a bit concerning. At the end of the day though, my health is paramount and my hair will grow back. I think about weight gain too....that's why I really try to look at this as a lifestyle change not a 'diet'. I've failed at many diets in the past, but this is for the long haul.
    I appreciate your encouragement, thank you! My family is pretty proud of me, it's great to have their support. My niece lives out of state; I'll be going to visit her and her family mid-October. Can't wait for her to see me; I'm the smallest I have been in my adult life. She's seen pics and all, but it's a little different in person, especially when she'll be able to wrap her arms around me!
    Keep up the great work! Slow and steady wins the race!
  5. OK �� Doing well. Still have pain at my waist and below but it is finally subsiding a bit. The doctor seemed more concerned than my one month visit but thinks it is a nerve issue and will eventually go away. The pain is too low to be my mini stomach according to him. My blood work came back great which was wonderful! My family has a history of diabetes so I was pleased that is out of the equation now!
    I’ve lost 50 lbs now and I’m happy with the pace. I so worry about hair loss but haven’t had that yet! I also worry about eventual weight gain. There was an interesting thread yesterday about weight gain that was really insightful and sobering. Will definitely commit it to memory!
    Keep up the great work. You look so GREAT! And I love your outfit! You and your family must be so proud of you!!!
  6. Thank you!! I'm feeling SOOO good!
    How are you doing?
  7. You look amazing!! Way to go!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7