Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Kimpossible318 and Shirleybird

Leave Comment

16 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hi kim, just wondering how you are doing ? All is well here and I am getting closer to my goal. My husband has decided to have the same surgery in April. I am going to Mexico with him and I am so proud of him.
    keep in touch, you were so supportive when I needed you most,

Shirley
  2. Hi kim. Sorry I haven't been around lately. Very busy , but all is well. I am only 25 lbs away from my goal of 150 and I am so happy with my sleeve and my life. It is amazing how "everything" looks and feels better when you are looking better and feeling better about yourself. Hope everything is great with you. Let me know how you are doing and how the sleeve is working for you. All the best, Shirley
  3. Hi Kim. I feel great and everything seems to be working well. I would definitely recommend the Dominican. We have been there 3 times . Twice to Puta Cana and this year in Puerto Plata. Puta Cana has amazing white, powder soft beaches and has my favourite resort "Paradisus Puta Cana" Look it up ! Best trip. amazing accommodations and staff, great Latin Music, the spa is more that amazing. More than just a spa. I LOVED it and want to go back there someday. What to go with me ?? Puerto Plata has amazing mountain views and a coral beach line that you can snorkel right outside your door. I went Zip-lining for the first time there and the view was spectacular. We were at the Rui Marengue and DO NOT recommend it. It was bad housekeeping , and bad food. Great bar tenders though and there national drink is Mama Wana {I know I am not spelling that right, but is honey, red wine and rum served over tree roots. Like tequila, but better tasting and you can remember the next morning what you did. The other resort in Puta Cana that we loved was called "Bachata" Like the dance move. I can't spell these words!!! Oh well, I try. Glad you did well on your vacation and let me know when you want to go to the Dominican Republic. HA< HA Great herring from you, Shirley
  4. Hi Shirley! I was on vacation earlier this month, too. I did the cruise thing and discovered the shrimp and I are best friends, lol. I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose any either. I'm okay with that, though. How have you been feeling? Would you recommend the Dominican Republic? I've yet to go...
  5. Hi Kim. How are you? I am doing well and feel great. I was pretty nauseous for two weeks. We went on a vacation to the Dominican Republic and between the buffet and the rum it was pretty rough, but I only gained 1 lbs and have since lost it and some. Glad to be back to normal routine. Hope all is well and write soon, Shirley
  6. Hi Shirley! Thanks for your sweet message! I have a feeling 2014 is going to be an amazing year for both of us! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and that your New Year is beautiful, happy, and healthy! =)
  7. Hi, Kim. I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and yours. Hope all is well and 2014 is the best year ever, Shirley
  8. Hi kim. How are you doing? My incisions are still trying to heal and now I have a yeast infection. The nurses told me that most people get a yeast infection after they finish their antibiotics, but not to stop taking them. I was doing fine until I had to start another antibiotic for my incisions. OMG!! I could scratch to the bone and I am so done with it. The good news is the scale is moving again. I think it was just a combination of the adjustment from liquids and feeling deprived and my body truing to figure out how to hand this new life. Hope your progress is going well. Hope to here from you soon. Shirley
  9. How wonderful to be in onederland, Shirley!!! Super excited for you! I'm doing pretty well, just trying to figure out what I can and can't eat still. Meat is so hard for me, but at least eggs are now agreeing with me. I'm thinking of making mini crustless quiches in muffin pans and then freezing them so I have them available whenever my little sleeve wants them! Glad to hear you are doing so well!!! =)
  10. Hi Kim, Just wanted to say hi and wondered how you are doing. I started the puree and it is going great. My incisions are healing well, but slow. I am in the onederland club and feel great. Take care and write soon, Shirley
  11. Hi Kim, Yes I am looking forward to puree. I seem to be getting hungrier between protein shakes . I am so glad to talk to you. Hope you continue to lose and stay healthy. Shirley
  12. My doctor had me moving along a bit faster. Basically started puree when I was 4 days out and then moved to soft food when I was 10 days out. I bet the liquids only are contributing to your lack of movement. Excited to start pureed? It's pretty easy to get down also, but for me it was amazing how much fuller it made me than the liquids. It's always so weird how we are all on such different schedules, lol!
  13. Hi kim, Did your Dr. ask you to completely evacuate your bowel? I asked my pharmacist and she said, not to expect anything for 2 months. I am strictly on fluids until friday then I start puree. I have been using protein Isolate from a company called Herbal magic here in Canada. You have the same company in the States. It is called LA Weight Loss. The pharmacist told me that if only fluids are going in {I had 3 days prior to surgery with only liquids too] nothing will come out. Well, poo is always a wonderful subject to discuss, isn't it? I have had a fairly good day. Hope you did too. Take care , Shirley
  14. Oh Shirley, I am so sorry to hear about the infection. My surgeon used surgical glue and so I didn't have any issue at all (nor did I have to get stitches taken out). I was sleeved on a Monday and had my first bowel movement on Friday of that same week. You may want to contact your PCP and see if you should be concerned about not having had one yet. I still get very tired, but the good news about that is that I'm actually getting sleep. Sleep and I started having issues with one another a few years ago. When do you start on soft foods? Are you able to drink protein shakes yet? If so, which ones are you drinking?
  15. Hi Kim, thanks for asking. I, like you, slipped on my stomach the day after surgery and everything was going great until last friday when I got my stitches removed. Two of the lower incisions opened up and got infected. So, I am back on antibiotics and they seem to make me lose my breath and my heart races for the morning after I take them,but it passes. I think when I was sleeping on my stomach that I pulled the stitches and let infection in. Also, I am very weak about every second say and I am still on liquids. I have not had a bowel movement. When did you? Other than that I am thrilled with my sleeve and my blood pressure and weight continue to go down. Glad to here from you and hope everything is still well with you. Write soon, Shirley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast