Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Truebody and compact

Leave Comment

16 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hi Jen,
    Lovely to hear from you.
    I am enjoying the normalcy that my weight loss has given me. I can eat without people watching and judging, fly in economy seats, walk up a hill without getting anxious.
    I have not lost any weight since leaving the NT last September. We have been travelling constantly (still have no new home) so I am grateful to have maintained. I have started doing yoga most mornings in the past 3-4 months, which has really helped me to feel better in my body.
    I was doing a lot of emotional eating. At least have stopped eating in the evenings now so I have some confidence in resuming weight loss sometime in the nearish future. Looking at your last message about the pilates and the gym is inspiring.
    Currently in Tonga, where I found myself working in a Chkiungunya outbreak. I didn't get sick when hundreds of people did, so was happy to maintain my health and not too concerned to lose weight.
    Happy to hear you are doing well. Thanks for keeping in touch.
    Nel
  2. What a difference a month short of a year makes. It's coming up to my 1 year anniversary. How's your life with the sleeve going?
  3. Hi Nel, good to hear from you. Took me a while to find my gym junkie soul, but I'm determined to 'do' this surgery right. I've opted for a personal trainer - makes me accountable to someone and I've added studio Pilates. LOVE the pilates. I'm supervised by physio and there are 2 other ladies. Mixes it up for me. So determined to keep as much lean muscle as I can so that I keep the ability to burn the fuel I take in. Plus it makes me feel good and is a nice change to endless moments on the treadmill.
    God luck with the house move and if you're ever in Perth, please let me know so we may schedule a coffee
  4. Hi Jen,
    Life has had some dramas for us lately and we will be moving house soon. Otherwise all is well.
    Weight loss continues despite upheavals and I am trying to be conscious of exercise (I don't have a regular routine. Do you?).
    Overall still very happy with my surgery and little stomach.
    My partner is going for the surgery next month -- I am really happy for her.
    Warm wishes to you,
    Nel
  5. Hey Nel. How are things for you?
  6. Hey Nel, yep home and doing well. Home now and busy crushing huuuge antibiotics and put them into yoghurt thinned down with milk, got a chest infection.
    Drinking Berry Resource - tastes a bit like jam mixed with milk.... Weird but nutritional I guess. I'm in love with broth and obsessed with jelly.
    Trying not to stretch my little tummy. It feels kinda weird knowing that I fundamentally altered my body, but really there hasn't been much pain. Surprising. Really suprising.
  7. Lots of love to you. Smile if you can, to match your sweet little banana stomach. Hope all is well with you, dear.
    Nel
  8. Hi Jen -- you are close to where we were. My partner and I stayed at Trinity College at UWA when I had the surgery (for a few nights before and a week and a half later). Lovely part of the world!
    Stephen Watson is a buddy and colleague of Mr Armstrong (who has a good reputation among doctors I asked). Stephen is great. I ended up going to him because he fit into my remote situation better eg he let me skype my first appointment instead of having to go to Perth.
    I think Perth is an ideal place to have this surgery and if you can walk to the hospital, that's fantastic.
    I went to visit Stephen at StJoG -- it's where he usually works. Pretty impressive complex.
  9. Nel, ignore me I'm an idiot. Can see that you had Stephen Watson. I only know of 3 surgeons in Perth, haven't heard of him, only Hamdorf, Dolan and Armstrong that I've selected.
  10. Did you go with Hamdorf? I'm going SJOG. Live near Subiaco train station, so walking across the road to hospital and walking home.
  11. Good on you, Jen.
    I went to Hollywood Private. You?
  12. Thanks Nel. I'm also spending 3 nights in hospital. I'm glad of it as I want the headstart with hydration. I read of folks on here getting into awful strife by basically drying out and heading to ER to get hooked up to an IV. I'm going to include a nightshirt into my ensemble.
  13. Nel, thanks for getting in contact. Sorry to hear about the hair loss that's a worry, that I'm sure you would rather do without. I haven't given that much thought post op, but it guess it varies from person to person.
    I had my psych appointment today. I am completely calm and reconciled for this operation now. It's a nice place to be and a nice change from the topsy turvy thinking one minute No Way, next minute Hell Yeah! It's been exhausting. Much was touched on that has helped strip away the last few concerns.
    17kgs is a great loss - it weight you don't ever need to regain - ain't that a huge relief!!
    Good to be in touch and I hope you get your hair back soon, and continue you at a rate that makes you content.
    Cheers Jen
  14. Hi Jen -- thanks for asking.
    Weight loss is steadily about a kilo every week or two.
    I'm very happy about that. I'm eating pretty much what I like, can exercise again with pleasure and am fitting into a whole load of clothes that were just sitting in the drawers and wardrobe waiting for the day.
    Only downside is that I have some blank looking patches from hair loss. Luckily I have a fabulous wardrobe of scarves, which I normally wear. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable.
    Had a telephone appointment with my surgeon today. I've worked away 17kgs all up, so far, not to be scoffed at for one who was just gaining and gaining and gaining...
    Like so many here, I recommend the journey.
    Warm wishes,
    Nel
  15. Hey there Nel. How's the continued weight loss going?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast