Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between ScreamAndBeFree and salma2013

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. thank you so much for the info i will see what i can come up with united health is very perticular about what center and even which surgeon in the center they consider in net-work. thanks again
  2. Hi, I am in Fayetteville, NC and had my surgery with Dr. Classen at Village Surgical Associates. There are only 2 doctors in Fayetteville that do bariatric surgeries and they are both with Village Surgical Associates. I have the BCBS State Health Plan and they were very easy to work with. At the time of surgery, they did not require any supervised diet. They changed that in September and now require a 6 month diet before surgery. Since I did not have to do the diet, it was a very fast process for me. I went to a seminar held by Dr. Classen and Dr. Davidson on June 15. They hold a info seminar once a month. They require you go to it before they will schedule and appointment. My appt with Dr. Classen was made for June 24. I had to bring 2 years of weight history (required by my ins, some require 5.) Once I saw him I had to see the dietician and she accepts only cash $200. Then I had to see psych which was covered by ins and I paid copay $30. Then I was cleared for surgery by my insurance and was operated on July 30. So it only took me about a month and a half to complete the process. Hope this info helps!
  3. Hi there first of all congratulations on you great weight loss success . As you see i am from NC too I want to know where you went for your surgery. I am with the wake forest baptist health in Winston things moving slow and just found out I have to pay out of pocket for my phsyc eval and its $550 crazy!!! And they only accept that one doctor in their program . Any thoughts ?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3