Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Bellagirl and mischief_gma

Leave Comment

1 Visitor Messages

1. I revised from a lap band to a gastric sleeve 12/11/19. I had the lap band for 10 years, with moderate success - but had regained 40 lbs after 6 mos. of being put on steroids for double pneumonia/pulmonary embolism. (Almost, but not quite worth it -- got the heebies after 22 hour flight to China, which was one of my own "bucket list" items.) Anyway, I moved to a rural area in central Michigan, and was unable to find anyone within 70 miles of my home that would touch lap band. Went back to my original bariatric surgery center, and they advised revision to gastric sleeve. Did the surgery. Everything is going well at this point, was less painful than I had anticipated. My only real challenge at this "pureed/mushy" stage is that I am about going nuts with not having anything to chew for so long! All mental game. One more week and I should be allowed to attempt "soft foods" -- never thought I would look forward to tuna salad so much LOL.
    Hope your journey is going well - hang in there. My favorite "mushy" food has been ricotta cheese, topped with some marinara sauce and shredded parm cheese - baked in oven for 30 minutes. Actually tastes like real food! Fav food at stage 2 was sugar free jello mixed with some plain greek yougurt, sugar free torino liquid (cherry was my fav). Was a bit like pudding, but more refreshing.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1