Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Graciegurl and Ms. Jupiter

Leave Comment

12 Visitor Messages

1. Hi there! Thanks for checking up! I am doing great! I am looking at getting an exercise bike so that I can get my metabolism revved up as I have been stalled on wt. loss for the past 3 mos. How are you???
  2. How have you been doing? Thought I would say hello
  3. Thank you. Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.. sending you a PM. Too much to talk about
  4. I have my first follow up appt. on the 22. I am doing well and have figured out that I need to take the Omniprazole about 3 in the afternoon and that has seemed to relieve my issues I was having. Building lean muscle is just as important as cardio. Have you used resistant bands?
    The study program I am in is a study that Dr. R. is doing on metabolism. It is a double blind study where he compares the use of a stimulant 5 wks out (I think) vs when he usually will give the med. I cant remember when he usually gives it but anyway I had to have a Resting Metabolism test done the wk. before my surgery. It measures how many calories your body builds at rest. Only took about 15 mins to do. There will be two more of the tests done down the road.
    I can't wait to eat a lil something other than the liquids. I have been buying the soups that come in the box and have 1 cup of soup with 1 cup of Greek yogurt added to soup for the creaminess. I stopped at Trader Joes and picked up a can of crab meat, some pesto, gluten free shredded cheese and some more yogurt. Sheesh, I have never eaten so much Greek yogurt as I have these past days! I start back to work Sunday so am going to start my purred food on Sat. Want to make sure I don't have any issues with purred before getting back to work.
    Hey, Happy Mothers day!
  5. you will have to tell me about the program. How often do you have to go in to the clinic? I didn't know about seeing Dr.P at one year either, but the last appointment I had with her, post-op she wanted me to see me at one year.
    Thank you, It has been one year since I started at OWLS, but I did not have my procedure until Oct. So had lost around 70 pounds before I was sleeved. My appointment went well. I need to build more muscle. I lost quite a bit of muscle over the last three months. He basically told me to slow down on the cardio and work on strength training. ( Which is not my cup of tea.) Oh well. I did do the lower body for 30 minutes like he wants me to do, and tomorrow will be my upper body. So all went well. I have an appointment with Dulcie in a month or so. So we will go over my food list.
    How are things with you? You will be able to do puree foods soon. My first "meal" was half a scrambled egg, and some pureed artificial crab meat.
    I remember how good it felt to actually have something close to solid food. I am glad you are feeling well. It gets easier everyday.
  6. I can understand why you would want a nap every afternoon!!! You have kids at home! LOL. I am in Dr. R's study program studying metabolism and how are bodies burn calories. I didn't know that we see Dr. P at a year out! I think you have done amazing!!! 150 lbs in a year?!?!!!! That is sooo awesome! Looking forward to hearing how the appt. with Dr. R goes today!
  7. That is great! You will get there. I remember being completely tired for the first two months. I wanted a nap every afternoon! So whenever I was luckily enough to sneak one in, I did. I am glad you're feeling good.It makes it a lot easier. I am doing really good. I go in tomorrow for a check up with Dr.R. I am curious to see what he has to say. I had my procedure in Oct, but my 1st appointment there was may 31st. I have six more pounds to lose by the 31st and then I can say I lost 150 pounds in a year. I am so happy about that! I can not believe it at all. That's my exciting news. I can not wait to have my one year appointment with Dr.P. She has not seen me lately. I am so grateful for having this procedure, it has changed my life. I am excited to hear about all your milestones yet to come.
  8. Hey there! I am doing great, I think! Went to Freddys today and walked quit a bit... got kinda short winded but need to build up my endurance. Other then that, so far so good! Thanks for asking!

How are you doing?
  9. How are feeling today? You've made it through your first week. I hope you're getting up and around OK.
  10. wow, less than 24 hrs turn around! Awesome!!!!!
  11. Only one night. I checked in at 11:00am and checked out around noon the next day. It was quick.
  12. Hey, how long was your hospital stay?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 12 of 12