Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between geo344 and merrowl

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. Hi geo344.
    I am 8 days post-op today. doing good. I saw dr on the 8th and lost 8 lbs. The best thing is that my blood sugar is now getting down to a reasonable #. Not normal but in teh 100 instead of the 3-400's. Have not gotten sick and am currently on stage 2 going on stage 3 in Jan. Stay in there and good luck on your surgery. All my hopes are with you. Good luck
  2. I agree about teh over 60 site. Between the two of us we should be able to get it started. Great minds think alike is what I have been told. I got home yesterday and am currently on the 1 oz of clear liquid every 15 minutes. Maybe I should have thought about Christmas dinner. Oh well I may be able to eat mushy mashed potatoes. LOL I am hoping that this brings my sugar down. He took out the part of my stomach that governs BP and sugar. Wish me luck? I went for a A1C of 4.5 in Jan to 11.7 before surgery. Something has got to give. Keep in touch and we may be able to start that over 60 group.
  3. Hi, I'm 67 and I don't admit to diabetis. I am boarderline, so go with "glucose intolerance." No meds, but it wouldn't be much longer without getting a sleeve. But but the hypertension and sleep apnea are a problem that should resolve with the weight loss. I'm with you, I want to keep going and weight definately slows me down. I haven't retired yet and don't plan to do so any time soon. I work as a nurse consultant, so I'm using me brain more than my body now, and work keeps the ole brain active. Haven't found the over 50 site, but maybe we should think of an over 60 group. Geo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3