Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between RoDean and SecondTimeAround

Leave Comment

19 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I started the second surgery at 194. I am currently at 176. I am also losing slow, but unlike you, I truly think they did nothing to my stomach, except cut me open. I don't feel any restriction, I am still hungry like before, I have continued to work out 4 to 5 days a week for hour and 1/2, cardio and weights, I am only eating between 800 and 900 calories, but I could eat so much more if I let myself. I honestly feel like Dr. Almanza ripped me off and I think you are very lucky you got to have your revision here in the states. but at least I am losing again, even if they did nothing to change my stomache, all the liquid dieting pushed me in the right direction again. Even if it's only ounces per week instead of pounds, it's moving in the right direction.
  2. Hi, things have been different this go around. I for sure have a much smaller stomach than what my original surgery! I have heartburn/acid re flux and I have to take Prilosec daily now, which I never had the first time.
    I'm now 159.5 as of the other day. Weight loss is slow but that's fine with me at this point. I don't want to get too small or be on a forever diet either. I want to be able to eat whatever I want just small portions infrequently... I have no appetite 2-3 weeks a month, then the week before
    my monthly I want to taste everything. :-) Started off 187 before surgery, 182 surgery date, now 159.5 9 weeks post vsg.
    I work out 5-6 times a week for over an hour, I think that has helped a lot.

How are you doing?
  3. How is it going, how is the weight loss, is it coming off agian??
  4. This is how bad i think i was broken. My 5 day liquid pre-op diet, i lost one ounce. One. Are you shitting me. Since my surgery, on monday the 21st, i was at 188. Started at 194. Down 6 lbs. I am still having gas pains, i cant get rid of the crap. Last time i had a really hard time waking up from the anestisia, i just wanted to sleep, so i told them that and i dont know if they used less, but i was awake and walkin like a fiend the whole time, didnt help though, gas pains wont budge. I have 2 weeks of liquids and then onto pureed.
  5. Hey There, How did the Resleeve go verse your initial Sleeve? Pain, gas, recovery...

My first sleeve, I had major gas pains for about 24-48 hours and then I was fine. This time I had
    scar tissue so he put a drain in, which he doesn't normally do for first timers, but yes for revision
    just to be safe. A lot more gas pain that lasted more days! And I'm suppose to be on a 4 week liquid diet, no pureed foods. All is well, still recovering each day. Not much sleep this time. The meds have me sleeping in and out from 1/2 hour to 1-1/2 hours at a time. Not sure if it's because I'm so excited like a little kid because I know what's next or what. My blood pressure has been up since surgery. But my Dr. said it was due to pain, meds, and recent surgery. I was 179 SW and 5 days later 173.5 now :-)

How about you?
  6. Yay for you. You should be sleeved again by now, how are you feeling? I am home and getting lots of rest until work on Monday. Hope everything went well and your recovery is smooth.
  7. Hope all is fabulous! Having Surgery tomorrow in the states. My Aetna was approved for the Resleeve Revision! Got a call out of no where :-) Chat with you soon.
  8. I noticed our same friend that went FEB 8th.
    Have you chatted with her yet about her resleeve surgery?
  9. I get home on the 17th. I have an appointment with my dr. on the 18th to get an x-ray and make sure all is as it should be.
  10. Yes I had that upper GI test where you drink the solution and stand in front of the screen.
    We were able to see how large my stomach was. No were near sleeve Dr Naim said it was either not done
    Or stretched after my baby and a large bouge was used. I also had an Endoscopy of
    My stomach to check from the inside as well.
    Who knows, I just want it done correctly this time. :-).

Yes, I'm praying my return comes in time and gettin
    More prepared. I look forward to doing my list
    Of goals etc!
    When do you get back home from Mexico?
  11. WOW, AM I STUPID, I KEEP FORGETTING THIS IS YOUR SECOND TIME TOO. YOU HAVE ALREADY EXPERIENCED ALL THIS AND MORE. I TOTALLY GET WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM WHEN I MADE MY DATE, BECAUSE THEN I MET A GAL THAT WAS HAVING HERS REDOEN WITH DR. ALMANZA AND SHE WAS SCHEDULED FOR THE 8TH OF FEBRUARY, I WANTED SO BAD TO HAVE MINE THAT SOON. hOW STRETCHED OUT IS YOUR TUMMY, DID YOU EVER DO THE CAPACITY TEST WITH THE COTTAGE CHEESE???
  12. I will keep you posted. You keep your spirits up, it will be here sooner than you think.
  13. Just look at it this way, you have more prep time!!! Make yourself a list of goals and put some dates on them and see how close to your dates you can get to meet them. Make a bucket list of all the things you want to do when your "skinny", because i promise you, the first time you fly in an airplane and your sides don't hit the armrest, that is the best feeling in the entire world!!!!
  14. Had to change my ReSleeve to the 23rd. Thanks to a late Income tax return :-(
    Guess I'll be happy when the day comes and passes. Praying all goes well for you Monday.
    Keep me posted!
  15. Yeah, mine is 3500 with my 250 deposit and $200.00 discount for paying cash, it will be 3299. all total which is about 700 less than I paid the 1st time around. My pre-op liquid is 3 days this time. last time it was 5 but I did 10 I was so scared that my liver would be too fatty for the surgery. I will do double this time also and do liquids for 6 days, just to be safe. I have spent 900 on plane tickets and cant afford to get down there and then be sent home because my liver is too fatty to operate.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 19
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast