Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between bergamini and Ronnie

Leave Comment

17 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hey John, Congrats on the Marathon! I have survived round 2 of the skin removals. I am posting before and afters (Arms and Boobs) in the album on my page. Another amazing job by my Mexican plastic surgeon. removed a good 6-8 lbs of skin this time... so close to 20 lbs removed. I have 2 more surgeries to go (legs and butt/back) then done!! I have about another 20 on the legs and butt. Doc said before I started skin removals that I had 40-50 of pure skin on there, and he was pretty accurate so far! This was not as hard as the tummy tuck -- that wiped me out - then the infection. Well my husband caught an infection in the brewing stages last night, so he quick and got the tapes off, cleaned it up and i had some antibx and antibx cream from the last round, so in one day, it is already caught and done. I swear he inspects every inch of incision with a flashlight on his iphone. He saw it was a wet area under my arm pit (the most prone place). I was so happy. That is the worst part about going abroad. You are pretty much on your own when you return. But we were ready this time, and hopefully we have nipped it in the bud and all will just continue to go off without a hitch. I forgot about the swell hell, and have, I kid you not, 23lbs of fluid on me - but i know it goes away - same thing happened to me for the tummy procedure as well. Hoping you are doing well...from your posts/pics it sure looks like you are doing amazing! Best, Rhonda
  2. Hey - how did the surgeries and recovery go?
  3. Hey John, Congrats on the Marathon! I have survived round 2 of the skin removals. I am posting before and afters (Arms and Boobs) in the album on my page. Another amazing job by my Mexican plastic surgeon. removed a good 6-8 lbs of skin this time... so close to 20 lbs removed. I have 2 more surgeries to go (legs and butt/back) then done!! I have about another 20 on the legs and butt. Doc said before I started skin removals that I had 40-50 of pure skin on there, and he was pretty accurate so far! This was not as hard as the tummy tuck -- that wiped me out - then the infection. Well my husband caught an infection in the brewing stages last night, so he quick and got the tapes off, cleaned it up and i had some antibx and antibx cream from the last round, so in one day, it is already caught and done. I swear he inspects every inch of incision with a flashlight on his iphone. He saw it was a wet area under my arm pit (the most prone place). I was so happy. That is the worst part about going abroad. You are pretty much on your own when you return. But we were ready this time, and hopefully we have nipped it in the bud and all will just continue to go off without a hitch. I forgot about the swell hell, and have, I kid you not, 23lbs of fluid on me - but i know it goes away - same thing happened to me for the tummy procedure as well. Hoping you are doing well...from your posts/pics it sure looks like you are doing amazing! Best, Rhonda
  4. Hey Ronnie - hope your latest surgery went great and you are recovering well. I'm so glad you are progressing so well with that, I know it is painful and you are brave. When do you come back?
  5. Hey There! congrats on the 26+ miles! I am heading back down to TJ... arms and breast lift. Part II in 3 weeks! What a journey, but the time passes quickly, and it has all been so worth it. Hope you are enjoying the summer with your new stomach!! I sure am enjoying mine this year.
  6. Hey -- thanks! We both look great I hope all is well with you? Tummy tuck is healing pretty well, some days I don't even feel it, other days by the end of the day it is all tingly down their (nerves?). I'm so glad I did it but I cannot wait for it to be fully healed! Wow, it really does help with the contours though.
  7. You look Amazing John!!! so proud of you!
  8. Best of the best of wishes to you John! Here's to a speedy recovery, and pure happiness with your results! Go Get Em!!!! I will wait to hear from you on the "flat side" .
  9. THANKS for the message. Very good information. You called it, laying low is going to be tough. I did buy a bunch of really good, and healthy, food so my pantry is stocked for recovery. I posted about my pre-op and also my photos (gulp) today. That definitely made me feel vulnerable! I've got the pain meds and help lined up so now it is just the waiting game. I am nervous for sure. They offered some Valium for the nerves, which I declined, but now I'm second guessing myself. LOL!
  10. John, Are you ready? How are you feeling? You will do just great! watch very closely on your incisions. Don't be fooled like I was. I saw pink and red spot and just thought it was from trauma of the surgery, but was an infection brewing. be super vigilant and all be good. Also, sit still for a few weeks so you heal up quick. Don't be an idiot like I was trying to walk a few miles a day! I really messed myself up and slowed my process wearing rose colored glasses! Rent some good movies, read some good books, play some video tennis . But rest, rest, and focus on nutrition. Lots of protein. Take yourself back to the sleeve days when you have to force protein and fluids! best wishes for a wonderful outcome. Will be looking for your update when you are feeling up to it.
  11. Hey there, John, I just put my before and after tummy pics out there. I am really beginning to feel like myself again. It has been a pretty quick heal. I still have to be careful, but I feel so good, I have to keep reminding myself to take it easy. I do get tired easily still though. You are going to be so happy after you have your skin removed. It is so funny, I still keep going for the old skin to "tuck it in" to my clothes. It is awesome for things to just slide on with no "tucking" involved . Keep me posted on how you pull through yours.
  12. Just saw your before and after. You look like a different person... And now like 10-15 years younger. Amazing transformation. Day 3 post extended TT. Doing well. Moving slow and hunched, but moving and feeling better each day. You will do well. Get your iron up in preparation and play lots of tennis to condition yourself!
  13. Wow - 10# of skin. That's amazing. Bet you are going to love that scale after all the fluids / swelling go away! You've definitely earned it. I am scheduled for 10/23 and they are doing the extended abdominoplasty. Unlike a regular tummy tuck (hip to hip), they are going all the way to my back (flank to flank). Like you I had Dr. Garcia for my sleeve but the tuck is only about $1500 more for me locally so I'm having that at home.
  14. Thanks! I will post some pics so you can see progress and know what to expect. I had 10 lbs of pure hanging skin. He did no lipo as was just skin. I am glad yo hear you will do your stomach. You came to far not to! Are you scheduled yet? Today is day 2 and it gets better each day.
  15. So glad to hear it all went well. My HGB was low the day of my sleeve and still runs a tiny bit low, it does in my family. I'm only doing my tummy and I'm doing all I can with iron supplements right now so hopefully that helps. Just glad to hear you are OK and can't wait to hear more. You look great!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast