Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between razn4 and MommyToTwo

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. It's perfectly normal to be scared. I was too and it seems so silly now. Compared to my 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy - THIS was a breeze.

It's tough to wrap your head around the fact that you won't be able to eat the amounts of food you used to but on the other hand, it's easy because you will feel totally full after a meal, which still seems crazy. I haven't lost a ton of weight yet, only 17 lbs so far but I'm losing inches and, physically, I feel SO much better already.

I have two friends that had the band and both say they wish they'd chosen the sleeve instead. There is so much maintenance involved with the band. Whenever they hit a plateau, they have to go back to the doctor to have their band filled and then it's back on fluids for the next few days following a fill because of swelling. Also, if you look around this site, you'll see lots of 'banders' posting to say that they're now having the sleeve done, either because they haven't reached their weight loss goal and their bands are filled to capacity OR they're having problems with the band slipping and/or getting infected. It just didn't seem worth it to me. Oh, and insurance companies don't cover two weight loss surgeries.

My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to share my vast experience (4-weeks worth of....LOL) with you anytime.

Adrienne
  2. Hello MommyToTwo.... I read your post and loved it! I'm 35 213 and 5'6"... I'm so scared of having this done and I am also a mother of 2 boys! Were you scared to do it and did you look into lapband? If so, can you tell me why you went with sleeve?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2