Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between healedheart and marrock

Leave Comment

3 Visitor Messages

1. Great to meet someone else following the same path I took. I think my surgery went very well, they even repaired a hernia while in there. I like the hospital but I would strongly recommend bringing someone with you. It was good to have my mom there to help. Also,a little thing, but after the surgery you can only drink certain things. One of them was zero calorie gatorade type drinks. Unfortunately, all they had was blue and at the time that was so unappealing to me.
    I did about 5 days totally shakes. He wanted longer but I was getting sick. So for the middle of the time I had a very few, like 6 slivers of shaved ham a day. Then the last part I was back totally on the shakes. I probably shouldn't have done it in hindsight, because it is a sign of your self control level as well. After the surgery, if you don't stick to the plan, you can die by eating the wrong things. I am down about 111 pounds but I still have a lot to go. At about 8 months and 100 pounds my weight loss slowed down dramatically, so I would highly recommend being diligent and exercise a lot the first six months and take advantage for the rapid weight loss time. I can also recommend always trying to eat as little as possible. Your stomach will stretch out again. Keep it small and enjoy your weight loss for longer. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes for you. Tell him I sent you! lol It gets me brownie points if self pay! Really all teasing aside..I look forward to sharing your journey.
  2. What did Westmoreland give you as a pre op diet. Mine says 3-5 shakes a day but can I eat/drink other stuff
  3. Congrats on the surgery. I am having my sleeve done with Dr. Westmoreland on 3/6/2014 and will also be at the Shelbyville hospital. I'm also a self pay and hoping it works good
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3