Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Blingy4u and beachgirl22851

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. Dr Garwood and his staff have been such a blessing for me. My insurance did cover everything- my plan reads that bariatric surgery is not covered but is reviewed on a case by case basis. I had to meet specific requirements- which was not an issue for me or my current health.
    I'm now 4 months post op and am down 50 pounds since surgery and over 70 since my first consultation with his office.
    I would maybe check with his office to see if they would be willing to oversee your care post op- if follow up care is needed. One big difference I've noticed thru this site, is that I had no drain tubes, no stitches that needed to be removed, and no coverings over my incision sites which seems to be different than when people go to Mexico for surgery. I had internal stitches, and Dr Garwood used the liquid bandage on the outside incisions which have healed very well. No issues for me except when I eat too much, or too quickly.
  2. Hi just wanted to let you know how glad I am you're keeping in touch with me! Dr Garwood was my surgeon for my lap band, I didn't realize he was doing the sleeve now! I have made the decision to do overseas surgery due to our insurance not covering this type of surgery any longer! My date isn't set but I do know it will be in September! Any suggestions or updates you have please share
  3. Hi! Just wanted to check in with you to see how things are going for you.
  4. There's not too many people in the Valley (that I've found) on this site
    Have you had surgery yet? Today is my 1 month anniversary of being sleeved
  5. Hi we are almost neighbors! I live in Waynesboro would love to meet and hear all about your experience.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5