Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between krissyfor and shrinkinggirl

Leave Comment

18 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Well I've have two days of less than 1,000 calories!!! And every night this week I've walked two miles with my neighbor, and 4 miles at work. I was 269 lbs Monday, and as of this afternoon I'm 265 lbs. Have you ever eaten the Premier Protein replacement bars? The past couple of days I have skipped breakfast (bad habit) and only drank water until around 11am. I eat one of those protein bars, and I snack on some turkey sausage bites until dinnertime which is protein and veggies. Something happened to me, I don't know what it is...but I finally stopped being hungry. Should it have taken this long??? I thought right after surgery you stopped being hungry? Also, just found out today I need my gallbladder removed. So, I should drop some more poundage after that surgery.....
  2. I wish I had your determination....working full time and taking care of my two doggies plus my hubby is tiring. When I get home from work, all I want to do is cook a healthy dinner and relax. Jewelry making is my favorite past time, although recently I have gotten back into exercise. I power walk/run every night with my doggie and he seems to love it. I saw my nutritionist today and got some good news: my fat-free/muscle mass is now more than my body fat mass! I was so excited. I wish my periods would come back on a regular basis, I had my first one right after surgery and they disappeared again. But I had one last month, started on the 17th, with 400 mg of progesterone taken for two weeks. Maybe that's what I'm going to have to do every month to have a regular cycle, I don't know. All that matters to me is to get my body in shape for baby, and if that means taking pills to have a period.....that's fine with me. You really look great!!! Send some of your motivation/determination my way, hahahaha.
  3. Krissy! HI It is so good to hear from you! I am sorry things have been going a little slowly but you will still beat this disease if you have the determination! I have lost 90lbs as of this morning and have had 5 months of regular periods. I KNOW that working out 6 days a week has been a big part of my success- my body was desperate to move! I am thinking of you and sending lots of good energy that this next round is a success!
  4. YOU LOOK AMAZING! It's been so long since I've been up here, work has been crazy hectic so my diet has been hectic as well. I've lost 50lbs total, I'm about 15 lbs shy of what my surgeon says I should be. I got so lazy....but now I'm back on the stick so to speak. How much have you lost now? And how goes the PCOS? My GYN put me back on the Metformin XR 750mg twice a day, and we had our first cycle of Clomid....which was unsuccessful unfortunately. It was an experiment to see how my body reacted to it, now I've got two months left to try after I'm a year post-op. <3
  5. I wish I had the time for the gym 6 days a week! Unfortunately, I've only got one car....which means I'm shuttling my hubby and brother around, back and forth to work. While also working full-time. I am a sales rep by trade, and I walk all day long at work....sometimes up to two miles a day. But I am making a promise to myself, after the first of the year I'm going to hit the gym more often. My trainer wants 6 days, with one day of rest. But I'm going to work myself up to it.
  6. Unfortunately, I am extremely allergic to metaformin. I was put on it a while back and it made me so violently ill that I actually thought I had an appendix or intestine rupture. So I can't take it. My hope is that I will not need to take anything to treat PCOS symptoms- which seems to be working so far. I no longer have resistance to insulin so I am thinking it is off the table as a treatment for me now anyway. My loss has slowed also but now that I have reached a 60lb loss (in less than 4 months) it is to be expected that it would slow down! I've had to make sure I hit the gym 6 days a week to make sure I am still losing.
  7. Thanks. I really needed some advice, I was so worried. Plus I'm not dropping weight like I was before, so I'm worried the PCOS has come back or gotten worse. Booooo. I've put myself back on the Metformin 500 mg three times a day to help with ovulation and also to help regulate. I had gotten off of it my first month after surgery, but I completely forgot about the PCOS and our insulin resistance. So I'm back on it, and I already notice a difference. I'm dropping weight now, when I wasn't before. Have you used Metformin before?
  8. HEY! Don't be discouraged!! My doc said that the bodies natural cycle can be extremely confused and irregular for many months post surgery. There is no reason to be concerned that your cycle is not going to be regular after only one month. If 3 months pass without anything else happening ask your doctor about it but at this point, you shouldn't be too worried. Our bodies have had so much stress that we would be asking a LOT to have a perfectly regular period right out the gate!!
  9. Have you had normal cycles since surgery? I've only had the one that started on October 4th and ended on the 9th....I'm getting upset and concerned. Thinking that the ovulation/cycle after surgery was due to dropping 30lbs so fast....really need a friend right now.
  10. I know my nutritionist said to wait a year before trying to get pregnant, but we're actively trying now. If it happens, it happens...ya know? I just don't want to prevent it, we've waited 10 years for this. If after a year we've had no luck, there is an excellent fertility facility near me called the Jones Institute for Reproductive Technology. I'll start treatments there, they even offer financing!
  11. Vaniqua didn't work for me at ALL- but that was before surgery. Now I am wondering if it might help me.
    I have the razor situation going on too- but like you said, its completely worth it if I can have a baby!!
  12. It's a cream called Vaniqa.
  13. oh and there is a pill that we can take to help stop the hair growth. I'm going to ask my doctor about it....I think it's either a pill or a cream, I can't recall which one.
  14. My hisutism is slowly getting better, it's definitely growing more slowly. But the fact that I shave my hair vs waxing or Nair might be the reason why mine is growing back instead of going away. All the years of using a razor on it have taken its toll on my sensitive skin on my face. I can't use Nair or wax, because the skin is so broken and irritated from the razor. But if that's the only problem I ever have, and it means I can have all the babies I want.....I'll shave every day for the rest of my life. LOL.
  15. I am happy to report that I did get my first period about a week after I posted the message you are referring to. I was beyond thrilled. While the hirtsuisum is improving slowly- I am not expecting a noticeable difference for at least a year- I'd love for it to move faster but it is just the sort of thing that wants to hang on and on. My surgeon told me to expect about a 75% decrease though as an average so I am thinking those are good odds.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast