Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Nikki_1985 and Hollie

Leave Comment

11 Visitor Messages

1. I seen you posted that you are not feeling well. I hope you are better. I will be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. Best of luck and let us know how you are doing.
  2. Don't worry about the food you ate. There is no way you ate enough with just a hot dog and egg that you enlarge your liver. If you look at the people that are regretting things it is usually from a MX surgeon. It is not easy but you will be fine. I trust Dr. Kowalski and Josh and you should too. I had never stayed in the hospital before this surgery and I was a little freaked out but really you will be fine. Just trust that you made the right decision. I am doing well. I am down 40lbs and feeling pretty good. I still can't exercise to much just walking. It is hard to get the protein down still so I have been using protein bars and milk so far I am averaging about 55 protein in a day with food. I know that I still need to get more but right now it is all that will fit. If I try to get all 60 in I just make my stomach upset. I will be 4 wks post op tomorrow so just another 4 weeks and I can start eating beef and etc.
  3. Hello, Today I'm not doing so great lol. I have been on this diet for 9 days and today it is really effecting me. Not so much that I'm hungry but these protein shakes get nastier every day! I don't know if I can handle another one. I have having a really hard time getting them in, then keeping them down. I'm also exhausted. I'm also an emotional wreck. I'm starting to get a little nervous, and that on top of the fact that I am so tired equals totally random crying for no reason. Oh and the fact that I ate a hot dog this afternoon and last night instead of my protein drink I had one egg with a little cheese on it. I still lost weight but now I'm scared that the Dr. won't be able to do the surgery cuz my liver hasn't shrunk. I've done so goo before the past two days but I'm having a really hard time. Sorry to vent on you like that, I'm just having a hard day. Thank you for asking. How are things going for you so far post op. I've found that there are quite a few more people talking about how they regret their decision than I would like to see. That is kinda freakin me out a little bit.
  4. 3 More days how are you feeling?
  5. Arixtra shots are nothing...I was freaked out about having to do it and looking at a needle sometimes makes me pass out but after the first time it is nothing. You honestly do not feel it you pinch your stomach at a spot that you are not bruised and just stick and go. I had to stay at the hospital an extra day and 1/2 so I only had to give myself 5 shots but really I had no problem. I lost 17lbs on the liquid diet and so now I am down a total of 36 lbs. When you get home from the hosptial do not weigh yourself because they pump you full of so much liquid weight.
  6. Hello, the liquid diet isn't as bad as I thought. I think it is because I have put my game face on and I'm super focused on getting the surgery. It is crazy how much stomach isn't too terrible hungry, but my head wants to be eating everything. Thank you for the tip on the shakes. Thats where I'm having the hardest time. They are too yucky! I find myself acting like my son when he doesn't want to take cold medicine. Standing in the kitchen crying stomping my feet lol j/k. I have managed to choke them down since they are necessary. I have lost 9 lbs in 3 days so far. That's nuts. I know it will slow down once I've shed water weight. But Iknow for a fact I will meet my goal of 15 lbs lost on the liquid diet! One thing I did want to ask was, how bad are the Arixtra shots? To me it just seems to go against my nature to stab myself on purpose lol. I tend to avoid hurting myself. My mom had to give herself insulin shots at one time. So she is going to help me at first, thank goodness!
  7. How are you doing on your liquid diet? Tip on the protein shakes make them the night before and it will lose some of the mineral taste. Hope you are doing good. Stay strong it is worth it in the end.
  8. I started a group called Dr. Christopher Kowalski Sleevers because I have found a few other people that are having surgery with him so feel free to join. Click on groups and search.
  9. I had my surgery at the hospital since my insurance would only cover a center of excellence and they have not finished all of the paper work for the pavillion. The people at the hospital were great. I am one week post-op today and I did have to stay in the hospital an extra night because of nausea and acid reflex. Tell them quick if you are getting acid reflex because the nurses can not just give you the meds to treat that they have to wait on doctors orders. Since I have been home I have not taking any pain meds it is uncomfortable more like an annoying feeling not really pain. Please feel free to ask me anything. I know everyone is different but I am happy to share my experience with you about the Arixtra shots, 2 week liquid diet, etc. I have my follow up appointment with Dr. Kowalski tomorrow and I hope to be able to come home and eat some refried beans....I am so ready to chew on something.
  10. Oh wow, I'm glad to see another Kowalski sleever too!! I mostly see all these people that had it in Mexico..yikes! I'm glad that things are going well for you so far. Did you have it done at the hospital or the surgery center in Lenexa? My surgery is on the 29th. I'm getting so anxious I'm just ready to do this! Thank you for messaging me, I've been trying to find someone with the same surgeon, no luck til now!
  11. Finally I have found someone with the same surgeon as me on this site. I just had my surgery monday have to say it is not as painful as I thought it would be. I go see him again on Monday. I am just so happy to find another Kowalski sleever.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11