Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between JeanethReinoso and julrs13

Leave Comment

9 Visitor Messages

1. that is great! You have lost quite a lot of weight since surgery. You should really be happy with your recent weight loss too. Keep up the good work.
  2. Hi how are you doing! Glad to hear you losing!! I don't have a scale yet and it is hard to keep myself from buying one but I rather not obsess over it! Its hard to wait for weeks and not know if im doing ok or not but I guess when the time is right I will give in and get one! I actually went for a weigh in today and I am at 197.5 which is a grand total of 35.5lbs down since surgery! I am happy about that and hoping that it keeps going! Hope all is well with you! Keep up the good work!
  3. Hi, just checking in. Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you have started losing weight again. I finally did, was down to 192 this morning. I can't live without my scale. I don't know how you do it. Hope all is well. Hope to here from you soon. Julie
  4. Hi Julie! I went for my 2 week post=op yesterday and I am down a total of 22lbs since surgery! I was advanced to "soft foods" but it hasn't been easy! I tried tilapia drenched in lemon yesterday and lets just say it wasn't a good night! I haven't got to ordering the unflavored protein but I am doing it right now! I haven't been able to get my protein in at all! I have to find some pureed recipies I don't think I am ready to take on even fish I tried tuna today and am still full and uncomfortable and took maybe 4 small bites!!
  5. Hi, just wondering how you were doing this week? I am having a bit of trouble with some of the pureed foods, but the taste is so much better and it is super easy to get in over 70gms of protein now. Down 3 more pounds, so no 3 week stall like some have had, but slow and steady with total of 11 pounds post op. It is hard to believe. Hope to hear from you. Julie
  6. I know exactly how you feel. I have bought some smaller clothes on line, but am afraid I won't ever wear them. I think we are super hard on ourselves and have had trouble with weight all of our lives in some way. It will take a while to sink in. I have a lot of trouble finishing certain shakes. I used to love vanillia and now I can't stand it. I have tossed a few or I am sure I would get sick. I was afraid of the pureed food until I talked to the dietician today and she gave me so many good ideas and they don't have to be high calorie, so I don't think it will cause weight gain. Tuna and chicken are very low in calories. I think the people who get in trouble eat too many carbs and not enough protein. If you need suggestions let me know. Right now I kind of prefer an empty stomach because I feel so full all or the time. I don't drink much plain water, but love sour drinks like lemonades. Sweet bothers me. Have you tried the chicken soup protein? It is pretty good and different. They also suggested getting unflavored powder and adding it to anything pureed, which I plan on doing. Hope this helps. I wanted to write back because you voiced all of the same problems I have had and I did get some answers today. Let me know if I forgot anything.
  7. I go back to see my Dr. on the 6th of Nov. I saw him on the 29th and said I was down 219 from my pre-op weight of 233! Everyone is telling me that I am thinning out quickly but I DONT SEE IT! And boy do I feel like I am not going about this the right way! I work from home taking care of children and feel like no matter how many times I remind myself to sip sip sip im not sipping enough! I feel like I am often hungry and think it is a lack of hydration! The only time I get to sit down is times like this and I have a bottle of electrolyte water with me and feel ridiculously full but don't want to stop because I need the liquids!! Also, Did you make the shakes and never finish them? I am constantly making the shakes and never finishing them! I cant have more then 1 or 2 a day idk if its a mental thing but I just avoid them at all costs! I do like jello and the sugar free pops those have been my only variety so far! Also, is it normal to be afraid that once I start pureed and soft foods that my weight loss will slow therefore I feel like I just want to continue to drink liquids and protein shakes (when I can) ... I have so much going through my mind its crazy!
  8. Hi, I saw the Dr today and I am down to 204 after 15 days! I feel pretty good, some trouble with getting my protein in but that should get better tomorrow when I start my pureed diet. I will let you know how that goes. At least I can cut back on the protein shakes. Those get so old. I am also taking 2 more weeks off to get completely healed and hopefully back to normal. I am a nurse, but work at home doing medical review and have to have a clear head. I don't feel like that anesthesia has worn off completely yet, or maybe it is just a lack of nutrition. My doctor is very conservative too. I don't mind that. Let me know if you have any questions, maybe I have gone through something you need to know about, and also let me know how you are progressing. I have a daughter your age and definitely don't feel my age either. I look forward to hearing from you. I have friends that I work with in NY. I have been there once and loved it!
  9. Hello Julrs13 I just saw your post on one of my postings in the October 2013 sleevers and would love to have someone to talk to along the way! My surgery date (October 21st) a few days after yours but hoping you are doing well!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9