Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Gordita and RoDean

Leave Comment

9 Visitor Messages

1. Good luck on your challenge and thanks for posting you day. I did yesterday, 830 cottage cheese with peaches, 1000 I had my protein shake 1130 was lunch, 1 1/2 cups broccoli cheddar soup, 230 I had 2 dill pickles sliced for a snack, dinner at 5:30, left over stuffed chicken breast 3oz and some broccoli cheese rice a roni 1/4 cup, then at 830 I had an Atkins treat bar (180 cal 10 g protein.) I did not consider protein shake as food I consider it a liquid but still track the calories.., is it ok to have between breakfast and lunch or should I just do it as breakfast with the cottage cheese and peaches??
  2. ok yesterday's meal . i wont send any more days lest you request it but i felt like i needed to send a more normal day than the crazy day i sent you. 745 measured out raisin bran cereal w/ skim milk; 1045 protein shake made w/ skim milk; 145 p.m.beans & rice; 445 hot dog w/ whole wheat bun that also had 5g protein; 745 1egg over small amt of chkn&yellow rice (puerto rican comfort food-my hubby's fave). icecream before bed (threw away the rest of the box this mornign as i was having it more than my couple times a month allotment). anyway, i'll let you know feb 16th how my 30day challenge went. good luck to you-gordita
  3. continued.....Outcome of this is that damn scale hasn't moved in a month and 1/2 and I cant get below the 202 pound mark to save my life. got down to 101.1 and then right back up the next day...it's so frustrating!!!
  4. You crack me up and thanks for your honesty. Some days it seems like I eat a ton of food too and I am amazed. Yesterday for lunch I had a 1 inch thick slice of spinach artichoke, parmesan stuffed chicken breast and then I had about 1/2 cup of left over tater tot casserole, I was so full and it seemed like I was eating a crap load, but then when compared to what I used to eat, that whole 2 cup container would have been full of casserole and I would have eaten the whole thing and probably a bunch of chips or crackers with it....So overall not so bad. I need to try your every three hour thing, and see if it works. I usually eat breakfast at work around 800 ish and that consists of 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese and a container of diced peaches or 2 to 3 oz. of Turkey summer sausage. I will try to get a protein shake in after this is possible as I am losing so damn much hair it is scary!! If I have a snack it's around 10 and I have 2 dill pickels or sunflower seeds. Then lunch which is usually dinner leftovers or something from the noodle place next door, thai ckn salad, or noodle or rice bowl, all kids size. Then afternoon snack of popcorn or turkey sausage or few chips and salsa, I just eat all the damn time while sitting at my desk because I get so stinkin bored and I hate it but I will fall asleep if not putting something in my mouth.
  5. "several carrots" is the tiny slivers about a 1/3 smaller than baby carrots that publix sells . i do not have "several raw carrots" as a side dish lol. i would want a refund on my sleeve.
  6. part 4 (ok last one! ) i know that sounds like a ton and god knows i picked a bad day to share nutritionally but all the food up until i left work was about 995 calories. and chkn and broccoli (in sleeve size portion) with 1/2 cup icecream wouldnt be more than 700ish total. so that was a high calorie day for me; and a crap day in terms of nutrition to calories ratio. but in keeping with a vow to be honest on this site, that's what i ate yesterday for realz : ). a lot of hte processed was bc we hadn't cooked sunday night (had pizza) so i had to cobble together a weird menu using what we had on hand @ home and what i have in my drawers @ work (liek hte hotdogs and special k cereal etc). i guestimate 1800ish calories . and 60 g protein. B minus day if grading self calorically/quality of food. A for not grazing! : ) after this i will have to post today's healthier (and more typical) menu!!!!
  7. part 3 continued (im wordy : ) yesterday i ate a LOT of processed food. 9 a.m i had hotdog w/out nitrates or preservatives (angus select) w/ whole wheat bun that had 5g protein for 285 cal total/12 g protein (100 cal 13 g yogurt would have been better but this is a true reporting ; ) at noon i had 1 slice 12" dominoes cheese pizza 185 calories/7g protein. plus several carrots and about 1.5 tbsp ranch sourcream dip -less than 100 cal per label reading; 3pm special K hot cereal 190 cal/8g protein; and another freaking hotdog w bun for 285 cal/12 g protein total for dog&bun; 6pm panko crusted chkn -approx 3ish oz of meat =21g protein plus breading/oil? calories (don't really care; i was just tracking calories @ work yesterday out of curiosity bc i was eating so much processed food and I was curious). and side of broccoli fat free sauteed and seasoned=no protein& calories? and waiiiit for it. 1/2 cup icecream @ 8ish pm. no more food in mouth after that.
  8. continued: ok . so in short . today i ate @ 745 am at home. so i can eat again @ 1045, 145, 445 and 745. when i start my meals later -bc i have flex time and sometimes don' tget UP til 9-- then i allow my bedtime snack to be earlier so im not eating at,s ay , 10pm. so a later day would be get up @ 830. eat @ 9, then 12, 3, 6 and 8-9 for last snack. which might just be sf popcicle. not every feedign on a normal day is several hundred calories. if im in a good head space some of those feedings are apples & cheese for less than 200 cal. greek yogurt for 100 cal etc.

continued
  9. hi chica. i WISH i could wait 3 hrs to eat after waking up lol. (although my skinny know-it-all nutritionist said to eat w/in 30min of getting up). anyway. it's all a game for me to fill up the hours between meals. sooo i found out if i eat at home in the a.m. (as opposed to at my desk @ work which i used to do), then getting ready and driving to work etc takes up a good hour of my 3 hours. i do something similar in the afternoon. we can take our lunch time whenever. so i alwasy sched mine -in which i go to the gym downstairs and workout--to coincide so that when i get back to desk it's meal time. and then i eat at desk having used lunch time to move my booty. i know it sounds nuts. but im still dealing with head hunger and wanting to eat for boredom so these are the games i play with myself. continued next box
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9