Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between HealthyHeather and CoachK

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi CoachK. I asked for an FMLA form from the postmaster. You don't have to tell them (at your station) what you are having done. Your doctor fills out the form and you send it back to FMLA office directly, the postmaster or supervisor don't have the right to see it. I told the doctor that I wanted six weeks off and that's what he wrote on the FMLA paperwork. The doctor will give you as much time as you think you will need or however much sick leave that you want to use. I have been at PO for 18yrs so I have lots of sick leave. I told my co workers that I had to have surgery on my female parts and that pretty much ended any further questions from them. I didn't want to tell anyone about the sleeve surgery because I didn't want to hear all the trash talk about taking the "easy" way out. This is not easy at all, this is a lifetime of changing your eating habits. Another good excuse for surgery is having your gall bladder out. It is a similar surgery and recovery time. I took 6 weeks off but probably could have gone back at 5 weeks. Take as much time as you need. I have been very successful with this surgery. I am down 86 pounds in 8 months and within a few pounds of my goal weight. I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have! Good luck with your research, this site was invaluable to me before the surgery and even now.
  2. Hi, I'm a mail carrier too and I was wondering what did u tell the job? How did u take the time off after surgery? I'm confused.
    Thx in advance.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2