Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between StinaMinuh and Anissa Christine

Leave Comment

5 Visitor Messages

1. If you see yourself as a runner...you will become one! And whenever you reach a "running" milestone...don't hesitate to reward yourself with a new workout outfit or a new pair of tennis shoes. Also, once you get into running I highly recommend buying at least two pairs of good running shoes. Best wishes to another future runner! WOOT!
  2. Thank you so much! I'm really excited and I plan on starting just where you did! I want to be a runner so bad! About a year ago, I started the Couch to 5K program. It was so overwhelming and I just gave up. But I'm not going to let that happen this time!

Thank you again and I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer for advice. : )
  3. In the beginning all I did was walk. I would print out walking interval workouts and tape them right to the treadmill! I told myself I could not move onto another workout until I successfully completed the one at hand from beginning to end WITHOUT stopping, reducing the speed, or incline! The first walking interval workout took me almost 2 weeks to complete in its entirety but I NEVER gave up! And mind you the first workout was only 20 minutes long and the max speed was 2.5 MPH. That is where it all started for me challenging myself with new workouts!

Now I can run under 10 minute miles..I only walk on a treadmill now when I am cooling down after a run.

Trust me when I say YOU CAN DO IT! The toughest part is overcoming the mental hurdles! Just take it one workout at a time...and don't be afraid to challenge yourself And if you ever need anything please feel free to contact me!
  4. I see your post and success story everywhere and I find it really motivational. I also want to utlizie this surgery to become more fit and active, not only to lose weight. I've read through your blogs, but I was wondering if you would mind sharing what you did for excercise in the beginning to get yourself started. I'm just not really sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated!
  5. I stumbled across your before and after pictures. You look amazing!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5