Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between selinathorne and msstori

Leave Comment

4 Visitor Messages

1. I am sorry you're having such a hard time. I do agree we get REAL hunger. Are you tracking your calories. I thought I was cheating too until i added up my calories on myfitnesspal.com. As long as we stay between 600-800 calories and our carbs are half of our protien intake - from everything I have read we are fine. Yeah bacon definately didnt like me at all!! My dr had us on soft foods until week 8 - I cant wait to have watermelon!!!! one more week. I did "cheat" and have some cheese crackers last night - i had 6 so I am not beating myself up. And you shouldnt either, check and see if you are over the 800 calorie mark, I think you'll be surprised to see you probably are not. And that meal that it takes you all day to eat - it is still taking you all day. Unfortunately with this or by pass ... carbs go down smoother and easier so we still have to be careful on our carb intake. More by pass patients gain the weight back than sleeve patients is what I read but who knows. And honestly sleeve can be converted to by pass if you feel it is needed down the road. But I would say give yourself a little slack - I bet you are still hitting your ranges as you need to. Hope that helps - and vent anytime I will do the same it helps us get through this stuff
  2. I live in Independence Missouri. I am not opposed to going to OP. I work Mon-Fri 8-5 so it would depend on the time. Might be helpful for me as I am still battling with myself. I can eat and still do eat all the kinds of foods that got me into trouble in the first place, just less of them. I eat about 6 times a day. I try hard to keep it healthy. Some days I am great, eating grilled chicken breast, watermelon, string cheese, yogurt and some days I eat a cup of pasta salad for dinner, a personal sized bag of cheeze its for snack i go to lunch and eat 1/4 of a chicken sandwhich and some potato bites, then eat the other 1/4 sandwich and rest of the potato bites in the afternoon. I am losing weight still and eating far less than ever but feel like I was cheated. Why can't all the things I love make me sick so I wont eat them again? I LOVE bacon. It doesnt bother me at all. I do notice when I wake up in the morning I cannot eat as much as in the afternoon. I know people say you never feel hungry again and it is only head hunger but I call shennanigans on this as well, I feel real hunger. I can eat a yogurt and it will go away or a few bites of chicken, Its crazy, I am startin to think I should've had the bypass surgery!
  3. there, I am so sorry I havent been logged in for a while because I had a tooth issue YUCK> I was able to do surprising well too. Nothing has made me sick unless I eat to fast. I have lost 43 pounds so far since June 28th. I accidentally had bacon (didnt know it was in the soup) and OMG it made EVERYTHING go in reverse within 10 min. But that was the only time. We have a mini support group that meets about once every two weeks if you would like to join. We are trying to make our meetings every other friday. Let me know if you live close to overland park area and would like to attend.
  4. Hi there! Had my surgery 7/18/2012 with Dr. Hoehn as well. Wanted to check and see how you are doing. I am a little over three weeks out and can eat ANYTHING. Nothing upsets my stomach. I take that back, cannot tolerate sugars or sugar free candies made with sugar alcohol. Ive done so well, i wonder how much of my stomach is actually gone? I was hoping I wouldnt be able to eat at all I guess and I am struggling not to eat constantly. I have lost close to 25 lbs.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4