Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between dackn8tr and CidCherise

Leave Comment

7 Visitor Messages

1. Fantastic! Each day is a better day, still in awe of how little of something makes me full! 45 years old and for the first time in my life, I have the feeling of being full!! I don't watch the scale, I don't do measurements. I see so many people who's lives are controlled by "how much weight they've lost" that when it doesn't happen as fast as they think it should, depression sets in. It took me 20 years to put this weight on, i can't expect it to come off in days or even months. 1 day at a time! I'm down approx 35 pounds (I check the scale every couple weeks), off blood pressure meds, and decreasing other meds. VERY happy with my decision, although I don't think I would recommend it for everyone. You have to be in the right place mentally to handle the highs and lows, discomfort, etc. Too many people are whiners and complainers with high, unrealistic expectations. I read and hope the best for them Thanks for checking in on me LOVE the support of this site!!
  2. Hey lady, how are you doing? Everything going alright so far? Just thought i'd drop a line to check on you
  3. I remember that boredom all to well but they have that schedule for a reason I also remember thinking how nasty the puree stage sounded pre-surgery but the closer I got to it, it sounded like absolute heaven!!! Keep at it, sounds like you're doing GREAT!!!
  4. He's very happy with the progress and healing so far. I'm bored silly with my limited menu options ugh! He has a 100% non-leakage rate because of the strict diet after. 2 weeks and 5 days of liquid.. then on to pureed/mushie!! One goal at a time.. and I'm happy with each one I've achieved so far!
  5. Glad to hear everything going good for you!! How did your appointment go? Are they as pleased as you are so far? You're absolutely right to do for you too, finding that balance is interesting some times but you're definitely worth the effort!! Take good care of yourself & let me know if you need anything!!
  6. Thank you so much! I keep going back to your sage wisdom on your one year post op as I'm looking at just 1 week post op! I'm finally doing for myself what I always do for others.. thinking of me first and letting those around me take care of me! All is well, I think I am doing great and will see my surgeon tomorrow to see if he agrees
  7. Good luck today! I'll be sending MANY healing thoughts and good vibes your way over the next few days Take it easy and take care of yourself!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7