Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between mellowjoy and jonsey14

Leave Comment

9 Visitor Messages

1. I believe I'm doing well. I'm 16 pounds from my goal weight of 145. I'm still trying to learn to like exercise but I don't really like it. I do walk daily before and after work or until my pedometer says I'm at 10,000 steps. I've had some problems with heartburn and can't find any relationship with what I'm eating to be the cause. I generally start my day with a protein drink. I finally found two that I like. Premier protein drinks ready to drink, Walmart carries them and Nectar protein mix. I'm still weighing and measuring everything I eat. Somedays I feel like I eat such a little amount of food it can't be healthy but the dietitian said to stick with 800 calories per day until I got to goal weight. I'll be glad when I get there but I'm also afraid of getting there. The dietitian has committed to working with me as much as needed to help me maintain my weight loss. I will admit the things I used to love I don't really think about them any more. If I eat something fried it upsets my stomach or if I eat something heavy like pasta it feels like I've eaten a brick. My meals usually consist of some type of baked chicken or turkey meatloaf with a small salad or steamed veggies. I would have never thought my favorite meals would be healthy. Is Hplora a stomach infection? It seems like I had a friend who had traveled abroad that found she had it after she returned home. I just remember her being on antibiotics for a long time. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
  2. Hello Ole friend, its been a long time hope this email finds you doing well. The weight loss is coming along nicely, still having stomach issues as I found out that I have Hplora so trying to get assistance with that. The weight is dropping in places I wish it wouldn't (chest/butt) but are we ever happy-lop? Anywho slowly but surely, got to get back it as I haven't been doing things like I should, for instance the protein shakes, exercising, etc. Any suggestions? Really means a lot that you reached out to me, hadn't been on where in awhile, thought I would check and their you were. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Look forward to hearing from you soon.
  3. Hello Jonsey14 - how are you doing and how is your weight loss journey going?
  4. The bariatric surgeon determined I should have the sleeve. I figured since he was a doctor he knew more about what was best for my weight and current health problems, which was high blood pressure. It's not an easy decision. I've not had any doubts about my decision but the smaller stomach does change everything you knew about eating. In the beginning every meal has to be planned, no last minute I'll just grab something. I've not had any issues with throwing up or anything. I do use food scales and measuring cups. I don't eat anything without knowing how many ounces it is. If I eat out, I'll eat a few bites and get the rest to go. If I eat to fast it feels uncomfortable like something is mashing down on my chest. I've only done it once or twice because it feels so uncomfortable. I usually walk and the feeling goes away in 20 - 30 minutes. Ask your doctor as many questions as you can think of. I went to my appointments with a pad and pen because I wanted to make sure I understood what was going to happen. Good luck and just pray about your decision.
  5. Hello Jonsey14, I was nervous because I knew there was no going back and I thought what if I can't live with the restrictions, what if I'm sick, what if I have complications. I finally just prayed that I was making the right decision. For every reason I told myself I shouldn't have the surgery I had a reason for why I should. I knew that without the surgery to help me keep the weight off eventually I could have every health related illness associated with being heavy. I didn't want to be where I could barely get around. I was concerned about becoming a diabetic (my dad was one). I know with diabetes comes possible kidney failure, poor circulation, blindness. I have a cousin who has all of that. Weight also can cause problems with your heart. I talked to both my bariatric surgeon and my primary care physician about issues weight can cause. Between the three of us after some prayer on my part I decided to have the surgery.
  6. Hi Beautiful, how you doing...thank you for the well wishes. Please tell me that you were as nervous as me. Did you start doubting your decision, like me? I'm toying with whether to do sleeve or full bypass based on the conversation I had at my doctors support group. However think I'm just a nervous tick and can't think clearly at all.
  7. Thats such a blessing, you must as special as you look Glad your experience was a good one, continued blessing and success to you. I'm patiently awaiting the decision from my insurance company for approval. Can't wait to cross over to the sleeved side, and get started on the healthily side of life. Take care...
  8. I'm doing what I believe is very good. I've not had any issues, no pain (not even the gas pains everyone talks about) or nausea. I'm able to get all of my fluid and protein in and have been since getting out of the hospital. I'm on pureed foods now. I started off with 2 oz per meal. I followed the dietitians guidelines and introduced only one new food at a time. She recommended I select fish for my protein for the first two weeks. She said it was easy to digest. I made a rather boring tuna salad with just tuna and low fat mayo. I've had refried beans and pureed sweet potatoes. I returned to work after two weeks and other than being a little tired I'm alright.

I had a really good surgeon. Between him and his partner they only do 3 or 4 gastric sleeve surgeries per week. He does everything else inside your gastrointestinal area, colon cancer, stomach cancer, gall bladder surgery etc. He said they reason they limit the gastric sleeves is because they need to be able to follow up and have a good relationship with their patients.
  9. Hi there-I've been reading some of your post, and just noticed you had surgery here recently. How you coming along since surgery? Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9