Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Shirleybird and Mspencer

Leave Comment

24 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hi Shirley! My loss has been slow...I've lost 42 lbs and am at a scale stall. I'm losing inches but I sure wish the scale would move! I'm just getting into size 10 jeans (I was 18-20). I thought size 10 would mean I was fat free...NOT! Even more frustrated at the fat that is there because i know how much I lost and how many sizes I went down. I have 20-30 lbs more to lose, I figure. I'm just nervous because I hear that some people stop losing after 8 months. I hope that is people that had US surgeries!! Im glad to hear from you and that you are doing so well!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  2. Hi Michele. Just wanted to say hi and hope all is well. All is good here and I am getting close to my goal. 25 more to go and I am feeling confident and great. Write when you can, Shirley
  3. Hi Michele, I am glad to here from you. We have been on vacation in the Dominican for the last 2 weeks. I am so excited. I ate too much and throw up almost every day. I drank rum and diet coke continually and only gained 1 lbs which I have since lost. Wow, I have now idea . I have no explanation, but I did walk the beach every day and did the odd dance class and aerobics in the pool. I LOVE my sleeve and it sounds like you are doing well too. I am wearing a size 12 as well and have lost 46 lbs all together. Keep up the good work and keep in touch , your friend Shirley
  4. I haven't been on here in awhile, I'm sorry! It sounds like you are doing well! I've lost very slow also and had a alot of stalls. I'm almost 40 lbs down but I knew I would be slow because I wasn't real high to start with. I haven't hit a normal bmi yet...8 more lbs for that. I'm almost wearing a size 12 but am wearing large shirts instead of 2xl and not shopping in plus size anymore. My stomach is always upset from either stomach acid or having eaten too much or a bit nauseous from the acid. It's not fun or pleasant. I haven't been doing my protein shakes or exercising but am starting this week. I'm just happy to still be losing even if it's slow!!
  5. Michele, I need to update you. I could not take the sore stomach from throwing up after everything I ate, so I went back to liquids only. I feel great for the first time since I stopped fluids and went to real food. I am a very slow loser and should of known my stomach would not be any exception. I am losing weight again and I feel great physically and emotionally. It can get so frustrating to not be losing and not be eating enough to feed a mouse.
    I want to thank you for listening. I was so embarrassed that I never told anyone except you. You just happened to be the one that wrote the day I needed someone the most.
    I, also, want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, Shirley
  6. Hi Michele, I am very frustrated and just haven't been able to talk to anyone. I am so glad to here from you today. I have lost 35lbs and I am very grateful. I have went from a size 16 to a 10 and the scale refuses to move anymore. I have been 190lbs for two weeks and I am not cheating in any way. Protien 1st, then veggies and lots of water between meals. I am feeling like this is all I can do and maybe it has stopped working for me. I am glad to here you are doing so good. The only problem I have had is when I eat even a little bit more than I should, I throw up. Anyway, I don't like winning . This is very hard for me to ask for help, but if you can think of anything. Let me know. Oh, and I have just started exercising this week. Thanks so much for listening , Shirley
  7. Hi Shirley! Glad to hear you are doing well! How much have you lost? Have you lost sizes yet? I've lost 29 lbs and about 4 inches (I checked a couple weeks ago and will check at the end of the month). I've lost one pant size and a bra size. Most of my double chins are gone. People are now starting to notice my loss. It's all good but annoying stomach acid issues that have recently cropped up. are you having issues with that? I've tried about all the meds and may have found one that helps...just started it today.
  8. Hi Michele, just wanted to tell you I am doing well. How are you doing? Wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Next year will be so wonderful for both of us. Thinner, happier and healthier . Wow!!! Write when you can, Shirley
  9. Hi Michele, I was just thinking it was time to talk. I did hit a 6 day stall at 3 weeks. It was frustrating, but I knew it would happen and our bodies need to adjust. As of this morning I belong to the "onederland" club [anyone under 200 lbs. That is amazing . Including my 3 day pre op diet I have lost 29 lbs. Wow!! I can hardly believe it. It seems like a dream to me that we where in Mexico and now our lives have changed forever. I have had no problem with food , eating everything [Healthy of course], swallowing fine . Just one complication, 2 of my stitches on the left opened up and got infected. I am on antibiotics again and all is healing well. I wish we could have met, but we will always be sleeve sisters and want to keep in touch too. Write soon, Shirley
  10. Hi Shirley,

Tell me how you are doing? Did you hit the 3 week stall? How much weight are you down? I'm down 19lbs. I stalled my weight loss for a week but hopefully back now.
  11. Michele, I quess you will have to re-friend me. That is if you still want to keep in touch. Sorry!! I still wish we could have meet. Shirley
  12. Michele, I quess you will have to re-friend me. That is if you still want to keep in touch. Sorry!! Shirley
  13. Hi MIchele, somehow I lost you in my friend list. Computers are so new to me. I am going to try to re-friend you so you are on my list. Hope everything is going well. Shirley
  14. Hi Michele, I am just getting to returning your question about my blood pressure. I should have been clearer. I am on meds for my blood pressure and it was- even with meds -170/110. Ya!!! They said loss weight or they would have to put me on stronger meds. and heart attack would definitely be my future probably sooner then later. I am thrilled with the drop and the more I lose the lower it should go. Plus, maybe I can get off of the medication altogether. Lowering my pressure for my health was the 1st reason I looked into the sleeve. 2nd is a sexy bod [HA, HA, HA] Take care, hope all is going great for you, write soon, Shirley
  15. Hi Michele, i am at the airport in San Diego waiting for my plain. I am dizzy as well,so if you find out anything let me know. Hope all is still well. Everyday we will get stronger and skinnier. Talk when I get home and rested. Hugs shirley
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 15 of 24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast