Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between jleecole and RoDean

Leave Comment

11 Visitor Messages

1. The chugging didn't go as planned. I got full lol. I was having that problem you have with water too. I tried all kinds of flavored water or low cal drinks and they all taste bad too - too much artificial sweetener. The water tasted bad too until recently but that's why I want to chug it. Why can't I just have my diet dr. pepper?!I have a bunch of vitamin water in the fridge that I haven't tried yet - now I am leery of trying anything which is dumb because I already bought the stuff so why not try it? and if I don't like it then I dump it.
  2. How did the chugging go??? I wish that was my water problem. My problem is I cant stand the taste, I am having a hard time, I seem to tolerate the Natural Spring Water ok, it just cant have anything added AT ALL. But then as the ice melts, I cant stand it again, I think I need to start buying bagged ice also, so I know it's filtered, because the ice machine ice out of my home fridge and the fridge at work is just killing me and I have to have ice!!
  3. I am doing okay - I have good days and bad days. I am just getting so sick of everything that I am eating!! and I am afraid to try something new. Which is a little comical since I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner almost every night for the past 2 years and apparently never got sick of those. WTH? I am frustrated that I can't just chug some water, but I figured out yesterday that I feel the same uncomfortable feeling when I sip or when I chug, so today I am going to chug my way to my water goal. I also am not tolerating the chewable vitamins very well - I think the fruit flavor is gross - so I should be getting my bariatric capsules today and I will just swallow them whole. I am hoping that will help me feel better! I am glad to hear you are doing good!
  4. Things have gotten much better, how about you?? I am on soft solids combined with the occasional "any food" and I just chew really well and take small bites. I am still having trouble with my protein so I concentrate on making everything I eat high in protein and I am managing to get in between 60 and 80 grams with just one supplement per day in the morning. I am also having trouble with the eating slow, always have, but at least now I know that the cramping means stop your full. I am down 38 lbs over all and 2 lbs away from making my goal by my 1 month anniversary of the 22nd. I f I don't make it by tomorrow, then I am hoping by the 31st as that is our first University of Montana Football game and we have season tickets. Would love to be in some shorts from a few years ago!!! I hope things are going well with you, from some of the posts I have read, it sounds like you are not having the best go of it, but making the best out of it??
  5. Just thought I would check in to see how you're doing?
  6. When you get food in your belly you will see that you can't eat. I was worried at first because I was drinking and drinking, but then I made scrambled eggs (yes I broke the rule! lol) and I made 2 servings because I was so looking forward to it and I only ate about 4 bites before I was done. I am still having issues with water - the crystal light doesn't sit well, plain doesn't sit well. argh!
  7. I am doing good, thanks. I am having a time trying to decide what to eat, tomorrow is week one down and I have had nothing but protein shakes with crystal light and broth and Gatorade and water, I did try some cream soup (just the liquid) and I have had about 5 oz. of greek yogurt over the last 3 days. am I breaking any rules, am I doing it wrong?? I still have gas and it just doesn't want to go away no matter how much I walk around. why does broth just go through me like no ones business, cups of it? I thought we were only supposed to be able to eat teeny tiny amounts??
  8. How are you doing rodean?
  9. Hi RoDean - thanks for the well wishes! Only 2 days for you!! I'm doing okay as long as I keep up on the pain meds. its not hurting on the inside but the out and that will heal soon! Best wishes in 2 days!!
  10. Janice, I just wanted to stop in and wish you all the best for your surgery today!! I hope things go well and you heal fast and pain free. Remember they say to walk often and sip constantly. God Bless
  11. Janice, congratulations on your decision. So far everyone but one is before me in July, so I am so looking forward to everyone's input and stories. Glad to have you in the group.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11