Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between LauraJS and Krstal02

Leave Comment

2 Visitor Messages

1. I really haven't thought about what I will pack at this point other than what I will wear on the plane after the surgery. I am waiting on the doctor to tell me if it's ok to fly 19 hrs back to Bahrain so my surgery isn't set in stone at this point. I really don't want to put it off until Jan. when I return to Alabama but that may be the case. I know it is suggested that we pack lite since we aren't able to lift heavy items. Hmmmm....... this will be a first. LOL! I travel often and can't even pack lite for a weekend away. My backpack alone is typically about 20 lbs. and my suitcase has a minimum of 5 pairs of shoes. (Yes, I am making a joke.) I have read a few blogs which suggest bringing a heating pad, some slip resistant socks, and some Mylicon. Someone also stated that the massage for $20 was worth the cost if offered. What do you think you'll bring? Are you traveling alone?

All I can say at this point is "UGH, this pre-op prep." 4 weeks of diet and then 6 days of clear liquids. I guess it's the price I'll pay. I have asked the medical traveling company to verify with the doctor exactly how many carbs, fats, proteins, and sugars I can have per day. In my opinion, the diet wasn't specific enough. I was happy to find a protein powder that has zero fats, carbs, or sugars. Living in Bahrain really limits my choices. I was lucky that I brought some sugar free jello back with me from the states when I flew here in Aug. Have you begun your diet? How is it going for you?
  2. What are you taking with you to the hospital? My surgery is scheduled for 11/19 please post afterwards and share your experience
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2