Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Conversation Between Truebody and SethP

Leave Comment

6 Visitor Messages

1. I am doing fine. How are you doing? It seems like only yesterday that I was on a full liquid diet. Time surely has flown by and it is awesome to have this new lease on life. There has been many changes in my outlook on life since losing 100 lbs.
  2. Hi Seth. How are you going? We are nearly 18 months out. Where did the time go?
  3. Anxiety has not been that bad this time around. Last month I was scheduled to have the procedure but got hung up offshore due to bad weather. Missed my pre-op screening so I had to post pone the whole thing till this month. It was like a trial run, lol. I am prayerful that I will get in as scheduled this time around so that I can get through the procedure and start the next phase of my life. Being out here is good for the anxiety because I do not have loads of people trying to give their opinions. Once I get home, I will have to deal with my loving wife stressing over my surgery. She is supportive of my decision but still scared of the surgery. Other then that all is well, I havent really sat down and dwelled on the procedure so my anxiety is low. My BMI is 41 and my weight is 285. Looking forward to hitting Onderland for the first time since my freshman year of high school.
  4. Hey there. I'm doing real well and I thank my lucky stars that my low BMI means I don't need to do the pre-op diet. My life and outlook would be vastly different if that was the case.
    Apart from the diet and the limitations of your location how are your finding your anxiety levels? Elevated or as steady as a rock?
    Wishing you well.
  5. Right now I am just concentrating on that darn pre-op diet. I work offshore and am currently at work so my mind is pre-occuppied for the most part but meal times are tough out here. It is a major social thing on the platform and I have been avoiding it as much as I can so I can do this diet. Honestly I have fallen off the wagon yesterday and have to get back on that pony today. On the up side I have been hitting the treadmill religously every evening. After 30 years of being overweight and seeing my cousin and pastor have so much success with the sleeve I am so ready to start this chapter. How are you handling it?
  6. We have one week to go until our Surgery date of May 10. How are you coping with the lead up?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6