Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jerome

1. Over and out - thanks to all!

Well, it's 11 months since I had my surgery and I reached my doctor's goal weight some time back. I carried on losing and am now at 212 lbs - a loss of 161lbs. I have stabilized at this weight for the past month and I think it is time to say goodbye and a big THANK YOU to this forum.

I want to say the following:

To those who are thinking of doing this - go ahead. Do not worry. It is hard but it gets better with each day - and now I lead a healthy and normal life eating ...

Updated 03-02-2013 at 04:47 PM by Jerome

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  2. Goal reached after 6 months

today I reached the goal that my surgeon set me, and what I was told was the maximum amount of weight possible to lose after 2 years. It has been 6 months.

I have lost 133 lbs in that time, and am going to set a new self imposed goal of an additional 28lbs before I start trying to maintain.

I have never been happier that i did this. More energy, better health, increased levls of confidence. Yes i have all these things and am better for them. Shopping in highstreet ...
  3. 100lbs down

today i jumped on the scales and reached the 100lbs lost stage. Actually it was 101 as i lost 2 lbs overnight - but 100lbs was the intermediate goal i set myself, so let's keep with it.

I now have 32lbs to go until i reach the target my dietician said was the maximum achievable. That should take about 8 weeks. However, i have decided to aim for another 20lbs on top of that to take care of any rebound.

For those of you who are just starting this journey, i do not regret ...
  4. Breaking the barrier

well finally I did it. I broke the 300 lbs barrier. This was a big psychological win for me. There's no real difference between 299 and 300 - but i am no longer the 300 lb+ man that is despised in airplanes, looked at as if i have no mental capacity in meeings, and seated at the back of restaurants. I know there is a phrase that people use when they get into the one hundreds 'onederland' - but I'm feeling 'two-riffick' about hitting the 200s.

Now to get the other 60-70 lbs off.... ...
  5. 2 months post op - 70. Lbs down

2 months post op and 70 lbs exactly lost since pre op diet.

So if you are thinking of having the sleeve, a few thoughts from me at this stage:

1) having the sleeve is tough. Not due to the op or healing; but just getting used to the new way of eating and the eternal struggle to consume enough protein.

2) after 8 weeks, I am only just now being able to eat more a few tablespoons of food. I have learnt to listen to my new sleeve and regulate my food intake ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast