Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Saras_Sleeve

MY journey.

1. Sleeved!

Well I'm sleeved! 11 days out and all is well.

Went in for surgery on the Monday morning at about 7:30 and had surgery about 11am. Had a pre-med so don't remember a huge amount before waking up in recovery. Actually I don't remember much about waking up or getting back to my room either!?! My Mum was waiting for me in my room. I do remember telling her to go home, I just wanted to sleep.

Thanks to my huge sleep all day I slept terribly (not at all, really) that first ...
  2. Been a while!

So it's been a while since I posted here, I have to admit i found an Aussie sleeve forum and have been hanging out there!

Surgery is in 3 days and I finished up work today for the next 2.5 weeks!

Lost 6.3 kg (13.5lb) in the last 11 days on my pre-op diet.

Good luck for all those being sleeved soon! x

Updated 05-25-2012 at 08:58 PM by Saras_Sleeve

Categories
    Uncategorized Report Report
  3. Visit with the physician today.

I just walked in the door from my physician visit this morning. Left after an hour chatting with a lovely doctor – really feel like I got my $200 worth lol.

She is the doctor who assists with my surgeon in all his surgeries so I felt comforted knowing she would be there with me on the day.

What happened:
    • Went through family history/medications/weight history etc.
    • She prodded my stomach (made me cough/breathe etc)
    • Poked my feet and checked circulation.
  4. 60 Days and 60 Reasons

60 days to wait, I feel a little like I'm doing the Christmas countdowns I loved so much as a child. Maybe we need an Advent calendar for the sleeve? What would I like in the little boxes? Biotin, to make sure my hair doesn't fall out down the track.

I thought I'd list 60 reasons I'd like to lose weight. Help keep me motivated and keep me focused on the positives ahead! I'll get them all done by the time my surgery rolls around. I have a feeling they'll get a little obscure by the ...
  5. I can't think of a title.

We have probably all had this response from someone we know at some time.

Me: "Wow, you look amazing. How have you done it?"
    Friend: "Thanks! I'm just eating smaller healthier portions and exercising more."
    Me: "Oh."

This has always left me feeling like shit. These are the thoughts I have...

Why can't I JUST eat less?
    Why can't I choose healthier foods?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Why do I
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast